Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone just had a bad shape?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hi guys,
    im tryin to find out if this is common, 2 years ago i bought my first brand new board a 6'6 single fin egg from escape, it was beautifull. dont get me wrong i had a few good waves on it but most of the time it was just frustrating, things like how it sat in the water when i was standing it just all felt off, and i was surfing a shortboard and having a great time with that, so is it possible just to get a shape thats doesnt gel with you or should i borrow it off my mate(i sold it to him) and give it more time . thanks guys
    jamin, castlefreke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You can't surf a single fin the same way you do a truster, you'd have to make sure the fin doesn't slip out of the face if the wave is steep. You'd also need to keep the rail locked in. I wouldn't go back to it unless you've had a good surf already that day and conditions are perfect for it.

Must dig out the 7 ft single fin I have in the shead and sell it to fund something I will surf.

Advertisement