Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from a 22WMR to a .223

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Do i need to apply for a new licence or can i just sub it on a FCA1 as like for like (varmint for varmint)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

lee70 wrote: »
    Do i need to apply for a new licence or can i just sub it on a FCA1 as like for like (varmint for varmint)

You can sub it but theres a waiting period of about 2 weeks ....supposidly !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I went through this a few months ago and it seems to me to depend on whatever guard you go to, one Guard will tell you one thing and another will tell you something else.

I went for a new license in the end because I wanted to fit a moderator, but AFAIK you can get a substitution, but they're not like for like calibers so I think its all down to the individual firearms officer at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

I got on to the firearms policy unit in dublin they where very helpfull. said there shouldn't be any problems putting the new firearm on whats left of the existing licence. So i'll put down all the info they need to know and give it to my FAO and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

lee70 wrote: »
    I got on to the firearms policy unit in dublin they where very helpfull. said there shouldn't be any problems putting the new firearm on whats left of the existing licence. So i'll put down all the info they need to know and give it to my FAO and see what happens.

Apply for a mod on it too, .223 is loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

It is definitely worth a try anyway. There are plenty of statins that wouldn't do that for you though. You'll love the .223 when you get it. I kinda wish I hadn't sold mine.

• Advertisement

Got a call from my FAO today looks like you have to reapply so as soon as he hung up i was on the case. Application printed and filled in, permissions done, found some old passport photos, Delivered to FAO within an hour and a half after his phone call. Now it's the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I hope you ticked the box for a moderator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

hopefully ill get a sub for a 6 xc from 223!

I hope you ticked the box for a moderator
    hoooooo yes ticked and reasoned. Its a wildcat are they any good.:D

Advertisement