Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

pmcmahon wrote: »
    how can we be so strong against Austrailia and get hammered by a team like France?

Pokock and Moore are huge losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Matt Williams
    Happy with 6-6.
    Forwards were awesone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Listen mate, its quite clear you have an agenda. Who would you like to bring on Dennis Leamy or Donnacha Ryan instead? LOL.

Ireland are doing very well, it would be madness to change the team.

Ryan on, SOB to number 8 simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

jes the slaggin off of sexton is ridiculous, feck sake. their all doin well, support them not slate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Here's €8.78 for the chicken balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Australia
    Now to survive the Australian onslaught in the second half. Cooper or Beale will eventually break through one of the gaps. We need now to be kicking the points, and for that I would bring on Rog.

However Sexton is doing everything right in defence so it is a difficult problem. Would probably leave Sexton on for another 15 mins at least and change it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Australia
    pmcmahon wrote: »
    how can we be so strong against Austrailia and get hammered by a team like France?

Australia haven't put it up to us like I thought they would, not yet at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Much much better play from Ireland...

It's about time. I most say but its all about the second half this is when oz cam out and play Italy out of it so we wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

If we bring ROG on at half time, defeat is guaranteed. The Australians are going to play some great attacking rugby and we'd better have something to attack back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Matt Williams
    Do we dare to dream?

Scrum is absolutely fantastic.

I'd like to see the Irish backrow carry more, Heaslip is a bit quiet again. Ferris coming back to his best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TheHighRoad

Australia
    Much better half of rugby from ireland - i'd say Sexton will be given ten mins and then replaced, should have gotten that penalty in front of the posts.

It would be a ridiculous decision. The Ireland defensive line is keeping out Australia of all teams. We can win this but if O'Gara comes on Australia will start targetting the 10 channel and while ROG might not miss the tackles he will definitely get pushed back given Australia the momentum they crave. I would be seriously concerned if Kidney changed anyone on the team.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

A lot of good in that first half. Just those misses have kept us pinned a bit.

Yeah, if we had gotten even one being ahead at ht would have been huge!

Delighted to see them playing much better - keeping the play moving quite well. Good hands so far - much better! Same again for the second half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TheHighRoad

Australia
    Leslie91 wrote: »

You want to put on Donnacha Ryan against Australia in a world cup game? Is that a joke? Hes started 1 HC game in his life and barely makes the Munster team. I'm sorry I can't take you seriously anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Australia
    Sexton place kicking a sight to be hold , he a disaster

Get ROG on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Australia
    wixfjord wrote: »
    Pokock and Moore are huge losses.

so are wally and fla
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Matt Williams
    Not angry at sexton, they weren't easy misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Australia
    Lads Italy were level at HT too...I'd say the dressing room is unreal now. C'mon Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Great play by Ferris, great pressure put on Genia
    shrewdness wrote: »
    Ferris you animal
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    That was unbelievable from Ferris and the pack, brilliant!
    wixfjord wrote: »
    FERRIS YOU BEAST :mad: :eek:

What a difference three minutes makes ....
    Knock on! Ferris is brutal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Happy with that first half effort. All playing well except for the hapless Darcy and Sexton messing up once too often. The scrum is putting in a super effort.

O Gara needs to be brought in for the second half and I think we can nick this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Matter of time til they get going, as seen in the italy match last week. We have not been clinical enough despite our good play and this will be punished in the second half imo, we're not going to be able to live with them for another 40 and we really do not look like scoring a try

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The crowd are a credit tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Australia
    markfla wrote: »
    Lads Italy were level at HT too...I'd say the dressing room is unreal now. C'mon Ireland.

Ireland are not Italy, completely different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Matt Williams
    efb wrote: »
    Not angry at sexton, they weren't easy misses.

They were almost in front of the posts. As easy as you get imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Australia struggling in their own line out, why can't we kick to the corners more, and play ball in their half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    If O,Gara comes on at HT were gonna get bet..Just not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I'm all for taking points and playing percentages but outside the two missed kicks, Sexton is having a good game. Taking him off would be madness right now. He's part of a side that is driving us down the field into scoring positions.

Good to see Darce putting himself about so much. Makes a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

This game is there for the taking lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Leslie91 wrote: »

Classic! There really are some funny people on this forum:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Australia
    A lot done, more to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    O'Callaghan: Drop, Dive and Roll.

dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge and roll.....

Advertisement