Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TheHighRoad

Australia
    GerM wrote: »
    I'm all for taking points and playing percentages but outside the two missed kicks, Sexton is having a good game. Taking him off would be madness right now. He's part of a side that is driving us down the field into scoring positions.

Good to see Darce putting himself about so much. Makes a nice change.

Like I said, to change the team would be madness. Sexton is a big part of that defensive line that has kept Australia out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

You want to put on Donnacha Ryan against Australia in a world cup game? Is that a joke? Hes started 1 HC game in his life and barely makes the Munster team. I'm sorry I can't take you seriously anymore.

Yes, never thought I'd say this but Heaslip is anonymous, best no. 8 in the world at one stage but not playing at all presently. Haven't even seen him make a stop. Bench is weak but I take Ryan over the penalty machine that is Leamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Australia
    Ireland are not Italy, completely different game.

Ah I know....just trying to contain the excitement!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Matt Williams
    That was a huge physical effort in that half...hope to god we can last the 80 mins

Austrailias bench is quality and at 60 mins I reckon they'll be making serious changes if it's still tight. Lets just hope deccy mackes the right changes to counter

Happy with that 1st though, c'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    GerM wrote: »
    I'm all for taking points and playing percentages but outside the two missed kicks, Sexton is having a good game. Taking him off would be madness right now. He's part of a side that is driving us down the field into scoring positions.

Good to see Darce putting himself about so much. Makes a nice change.
    People dont seem to see this and just look at his penaltys..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wixfjord wrote: »
    Pokock and Moore are huge losses.

you're telling me! My early changes to my Fantasy team really backfired:(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

bmcc10 wrote: »
    If O,Gara comes on at HT were gonna get bet..Just not gonna happen.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

They were almost in front of the posts. As easy as you get imo.

No they weren't. One was on the 10m line to the right, one was from miles out a good bit to the left. Can't remember the other one. Definitely getable, but definitely not gimmies either.

Australia
    bmcc10 wrote: »
    People dont seem to see this and just look at his penaltys..

People who don't either know about rugby/have an agenda imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Matt Williams
    Oh yeah, D'Arcy's best game for Ireland in 2 or 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

we'll get destroyed if o'gara comes on, all he does is get the ball and kick it back to the opposition so they can attack us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Australia
    Spot on Hook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Delighted to see some of this cocky Australian shower get it put up to them. Hope it can continue and we make some use of possession

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    Hook give over will ya...disgrace to listen to.

Australia
    Fireball07 wrote: »

Would you ever support you country and stop making digs at players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Paparazzo wrote: »
    No they weren't. One was on the 10m line to the right, one was from miles out a good bit to the left. Can't remember the other one. Definitely getable, but definitely not gimmies either.

1 was a gimmie the other v makeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Australia
    Hook is a disgrace, nothing new there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Australia
    Aidric wrote: »
    Happy with that first half effort. All playing well except for the hapless Darcy and Sexton messing up once too often. The scrum is putting in a super effort.

O Gara needs to be brought in for the second half and I think we can nick this.

Christ I thought the Dorce was actually ok, Reddan and Sexton would be the 2 Id critisize like can reddan pass at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Australia
    Fireball07 wrote: »

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just as someone who has a passing interest, what was the penalty for near the end of the half when they drove yer man back out of the scrum? He had just hit the ground and the referee blew instantly, it's not like he had a chance to not release the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

People who don't either know about rugby/have an agenda imo
    sure he's just the fella that kicks the ball over the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

LOL, people still listen to Hook! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Australia
    Stolen from twitter "Stephen Ferris does a bit of dwarf throwing with Genia"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I think SOB should line up at 8 in the scrum. Heaslip hasn't taken the ball from the back of the scrum and carried once and hasn't done it effectively in the warmups or the USA. A threat from the base of the scrum would give us a useful option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

Australia
    I'd bring cronin on, best doesnt appear to be up to it today.
    if sexton misses another kick o gara has to come on

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Gorda D'arcy might be one of the most consistent players in rugby, he's not great but very decent and always is. His consitency is what you can rely on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Matt Williams
    we'll get destroyed if o'gara comes on, all he does is get the ball and kick it back to the opposition so they can attack us

He really doesn't...

I think Sexton should stay on for at least another 10-20 minutes but he can't miss another kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Matt Williams
    Loving the 'Quade Cooper - Boofhead' signs in the crowd! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

We can ****ing win this if we keep it tight and Johnny changes boots...

Darcy playing really well for once.

A special word for DOC though, he's been a direct cause of at least 3 turnovers. Brilliant choke tackling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Strong start to this half needed

Advertisement