Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Gambler wrote: »
    Has POC got a clothes tag hanging out the back of his shirt on RTE atm?

lol he sure does!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

a view from australia:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-union-match-centre/live-blog-australia-v-ireland-20110917-1kezi.html

the best thing about it is the mounting sense of disbelief as the minutes tick by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Matt Williams
    Kylie, Morag Stewart, Esme Watson, Muriel heaslop, Priscilla can u hear me????

Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!

O'Gara getting emotional, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

ROG getting emotional here on RTÉ. Good on him. Great to see how much it means to the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Australia
    Great to see ROG so teary eyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

just a quick one, why was the murray try disallowed? scanned back through the thread but couldnt see anything. I was jumping and shouting at the time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Burgo wrote: »

Bluntly honest as well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Burgo wrote: »

Great interview

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

budhabob wrote: »
    just a quick one, why was the murray try disallowed? scanned back through the thread but couldnt see anything. I was jumping and shouting at the time.

Penalty against ireland for offside i think - couldn't hear the whistle with the crowd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Ah O'Gara ya f**ker i had held the tears back he just set me off. Well done boys ye done all proud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Heart on sleeve stuff from ROG.

Nearly brought me to tears

Australia
    budhabob wrote: »

Offside I think... I think the whistle was blown already but you couldn't hear it because of the crowd?

whycliff wrote: »
    Heart on sleeve stuff from ROG.

Nearly brought me to tears

Not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Matt Williams
    Yahooooooooooooooo!!

nom nom nom (me eating my hat!!)

Happy days!!

Australia
    Who else is crying right now...?

I'm a fairly big bloke but I'm in floods of tears right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

O'Connell interview on ITV is great, not getting carried away and saying this is the level of performance we should expect

Love to hear this kindof talk. Too often have teams produced a big performance only to flop in the next due to believing the hype and getting over excited.
    On to the next one for Ireland. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great few words from ROG, roller coaster week for him but pick himself up for the sake of the team and playing for each other.

C'mon Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Matt Williams
    Not much of a rugby fan but I was thinking how important it was that Australia didn't get the losing BP. Presuming we win our next 2 games without scoring 4 tries in either we'll finish on 16 points. Austarlia have 5 points now, if they score 4 tries in each of their next games they'd finish on 15, with more than likely a better points difference. If they had scored a try at the end it would be still within the bounds of possibility they'd finish top.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Anyways, onwards and upwards! All aboard the rugby bandwagon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Offside I think... I think the whistle was blown already but you couldn't hear it because of the crowd?
    Penalty against ireland for offside i think - couldn't hear the whistle with the crowd

Cheers, Couldnt here the whistle obviously but was confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Who else is crying right now...?

I'm a fairly big bloke but I'm in floods of tears right now!

Text Ray Darcy :D

I'm with POC. Good win, enjoy it, but it's a group game and there's lots more to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

POC spoken like a true winner. "It's only a pool game". The only man that sees the bigger picture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Lovely young fella.
    (^Sexton interview).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Any1 know where to watch replay of this online. I slept in:o

evil_seed wrote: »
    POC spoken like a true winner. "It's only a pool game". The only man that sees the bigger picture

You must have missed all the other Interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    them mics RTE are using look hideous..no im happy wen thats all i have to complain about.

Australia
    Just watching the replays now...

Feris looks amazing. Lifting up and dragging Australian 9 like a bag of spuds :P

evil_seed wrote: »

To be fair they all do - O Driscoll said the same, we only have half the job done so far, Sexton saying that its feels like a ten now, but we'll go back and watch the video to see what we can improve on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Australia
    SomeFool wrote: »
    Same here :)
    Looking at the Saffers and rationalising how we can play as good if not better. I reckon we'll eat the Ozzies in the tight and it will give us a platform to win from!
    Never been happier in my life to get a prediction hopelessly wrong.

Never been happier to get one right ;)

Advertisement