Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭RonBo88

Looks like we will have all SH sides on one side of the draw with all NH sides on the other now.

Australia v SA
    NZ vs Argentina

Ireland V Wales
    England v France

NH v SH final again if all remaining matches go as expected in group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    Quint2010 wrote: »
    Wow. Absolutely speechless. What a performance! Remember-these guys beat the All Blacks 3 weeks ago. Hats off to all. Brilliant brilliant performance. Dont let anybody try and pur cold water on this-this was Ireland's greatest ever performance IMO. To beat Australia at the highest level when it matters in a their own back yard (well almost) is an incredible achievement. Hats off to Kidney too. ALL is forgiven.

My Ratings:

Kearney 7
    Bowe 7
    BOD 6
    D'Arcy 6
    Earls 6
    Sexton 6
    Reddan 6
    Healy 9
    Best 8
    Ross 9
    DOC 8
    POC 8
    Ferris 9
    SOB 9
    Heaslip 6

Subs: Murray 6 ROG 7 Trimble 6 Court 6
    Have to disagree on the backs ratings..Thought Sexton BoD and D,arcy were better than Bowe and Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Matt Williams
    THFC wrote: »
    Not much of a rugby fan but I was thinking how important it was that Australia didn't get the losing BP. Presuming we win our next 2 games without scoring 4 tries in either we'll finish on 16 points. Austarlia have 5 points now, if they score 4 tries in each of their next games they'd finish on 15, with more than likely a better points difference. If they had scored a try at the end it would be still within the bounds of possibility they'd finish top.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Anyways, onwards and upwards! All aboard the rugby bandwagon!

we'd still come first because of the head to head result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

youtube! wrote: »
    Presuming we finish top of our group who should we meet in the 1/4 finals?

And if we win that one, who are the likely semi finalist opponents?

Likely, Wales/Samoa next, then England/France. But it was likely that Australia would win today, so nothing to say that France can't beat NZ next week, or Samoa turn over SA, or even Italy beating us in the last pool game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Australia
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Really annoying me that Hook is laughing at the fact that Felix Jones is not there. Really hating Hook right now

+1

Another thing, did he just say we beat New Zealand in Eden Park in 1986 ?

Did we fúck.

We've never beaten them. Anywhere.

• Advertisement

Really annoying me that Hook is laughing at the fact that Felix Jones is not there. Really hating Hook right now

to be fair, he laughed at the comparison between losing Pocock and Jones, which while not PC, is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Australia
    5:30am for the Russia game :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Whilst we have every reason to get excited we must think that Wales England and France are thinking the exact same as us and willl not be happy unless they make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Matt Williams

woohoo :( gonna have to make the effort I suppose... I hate these time zones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Australia
    Lapin wrote: »
    +1

Did we fúck.

No the aussies beat NZ there in 1986, which was their last victory in Eden Park. They've lost every game they've played there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

see you in the pub so?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Lapin wrote: »
    +1

Did we fúck.

Not defending Hook but I think that was about Oz beating them there in '86, the last time they won a match in Eden Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Have to disagree on the backs ratings..Thought Sexton BoD and D,arcy were better than Bowe and Kearney
    Bowe and Kearney both had short spells where they were amazing. Bowe with his interception and Kearney claiming a Sexton up and under and that time he made good yardage inside the Aussie 22.

I wouldn't agree with the rating but I can understand people paying massive attention to the good moments

Australia
    johnmcdnl wrote: »
    woohoo :( gonna have to make the effort I suppose... I hate these time zones

Shopping list
    [ ] sausages
    [ ] coffee
    [ ] beer
    [ ] beer
    [ ] more beer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Matt Williams
    bmcc10 wrote: »

Ah come now. Bowe was superb. That high catch in the first half and if he had a bit more fitenss would have run the length of the field for a try in the second. I thought Kearney did superb after one and a half games in 10 months. Sexton missed several kicks and that drop goal squirted over. BOD was quiet again-although showed great captaincy. D'Arcy improved but the fact he went off actually helped Ireland I thought. The pack won us that match. Apart from Heaslip-they all played to their potential. Healy, Ross, Ferris and SOB were all tied for MOTM IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Who else is crying right now...?

I'm a fairly big bloke but I'm in floods of tears right now!

Cop onto yourself a small bit, would you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Let's not forget we need to beat up a tough Italian pack to finish top. And they have been knocking on the door.

This job isn't even half done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

A few excuses, and the usual stuff about Ireland being 'passionate'. Ireland were not very good, clearly - just very emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Australia
    Bowe and Kearney both had short spells where they were amazing. Bowe with his interception and Kearney claiming a Sexton up and under and that time he made good yardage inside the Aussie 22.
    Thats about the only thing Bowe done i thought not having ago or slating players did feel Kearney grew into it after a shaky start doh...anyways frig this we were brilliant why are my even giving out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Matt Williams
    Quint2010 wrote: »
    Wow. Absolutely speechless. What a performance! Remember-these guys beat the All Blacks 3 weeks ago. Hats off to all. Brilliant brilliant performance. Dont let anybody try and pur cold water on this-this was Ireland's greatest ever performance IMO. To beat Australia at the highest level when it matters in a their own back yard (well almost) is an incredible achievement. Hats off to Kidney too. ALL is forgiven.

My Ratings:

Kearney 7
    Bowe 7
    BOD 6
    D'Arcy 6
    Earls 6
    Sexton 6
    Reddan 6
    Healy 9
    Best 8
    Ross 9
    DOC 8
    POC 8
    Ferris 9
    SOB 9
    Heaslip 6

Subs: Murray 6 ROG 7 Trimble 6 Court 6

Really don't agree with 6 for BOD. I thought he was excellent, constantly organising his team. Reddan better than 6 too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

I really hope we stick it right in their Ozzie eye. Reading there in the Indo how they have no respect or clue who we are.

Sean O Brien, the European player of the year is reported to have come in only because of an injury to Paul Wallace! They only know POC, BOD and ROG. Cant wait to see Ferris, O Brien, Healy et all bury Cooper.

Our centre partnership is way more experienced and hopefully Darce will rediscover some form and put in a big game. POC and DOC have dominated the skies over much more formidable opponents. Healy/Ross have sent much better and bigger units back on their asses in both the blue of Leinster and green of Ireland.

We didn't play badly imo against USA. We just didnt manage to put the points on the board. I am hopeful we can win but positive the lads will give us goosebumps with a passionate and proud performance.

Happy enough! Ha delighted!

Australia
    Let's not forget we need to beat up a tough Italian pack to finish top. And they have been knocking on the door.

+1

... and there will be a lot of sore bodies after this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could someone tell me where I could find the highlights, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

du Maurier wrote: »
    Cop onto yourself a small bit, would you?!

If you can't enjoy victories like this you've no business following the sport.

Be gone gutted feelings, if only for the here and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Shopping list
    [ ] sausages
    [ ] coffee
    [ ] beer
    [ ] beer
    [ ] more beer

Revised;
    [ ] Guinness
    [ ] Guinness
    [ ] more Guinness
    [ ] toilet duck :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Australia

True, imagine if the Ozzies didn't qualify from the pool :eek:

Advertisement