Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Australia
    astonaidan wrote: »
    I was refering to the general public not Aussie management and team if Your going by my post
    Aussie general public barely knows about rugby union, let alone the Irish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Highlights just starting on TG4 now

great result hard to believe Aus never scored in the 2nd half hope we can keep it up whats the chances of meeting them again in the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Elated ant the word the lads really stood up and showed what they are made of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Matt Williams
    Just an observation - we haven't had a player who could go the length of the pitch to score since Dennis Hickie. Is Simon Zebo that fast? Can't think of any other speed merchant in the wings.

I think if Earls/Trimble had got the ball where Bowe did, they might have got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Most likely been asked and answered a few times, anywhere online to watch the full match? Sickened I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I think if Earls/Trimble had got the ball where Bowe did, they might have got there.

Bowe would have probably gotten it earlier in the match too, he had the speed but not the stamina. Earls would be our best bet in a foot race though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Matt Williams
    Griffen262 wrote: »
    Most likely been asked and answered a few times, anywhere online to watch the full match? Sickened I missed it!

RTE player in a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Auvers wrote: »
    RTE player in a few hours

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone have a link to the RTE post match interviews? Saw the ITV coverage and missed the ROG and Sexton interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭BQQ

snailsong wrote: »
    Not the time for racist comments:mad:

he clearly meant "scrum" not "scum". Chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Matt Williams
    Fireball07 wrote: »

McFadden is probably our best shot from a position like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

THFC wrote: »
    Not much of a rugby fan but I was thinking how important it was that Australia didn't get the losing BP. Presuming we win our next 2 games without scoring 4 tries in either we'll finish on 16 points. Austarlia have 5 points now, if they score 4 tries in each of their next games they'd finish on 15, with more than likely a better points difference. If they had scored a try at the end it would be still within the bounds of possibility they'd finish top.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Anyways, onwards and upwards! All aboard the rugby bandwagon!

It comes down to head to head record on level points, so it shouldn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Matt Williams
    thebaz wrote: »
    thought Sean O'Brien arrived on the World stage - heoic performance , along with healy, best, POC, ferris, ross -

worried about heaslip and DOC form , hopefully they find form soon - and BOD certainly doesnt look right - cotton wool and prayers

Thought DOC had a fine game. Lots of tackles and very aggressive at ruck time. POC gets most of the headlines but DOC had a very effective match. As you say put out the reserves against Russia-get a one point one-and then its go again for Italy.

Finally-a World Cup we can get excited about from an irish perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Anyone know if there is highlights up anywhere yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Aussie front row RIP killed them up front today,roll on Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Ive eaten my hat

On Tg4 now

Any chance that the South Africans could put out a weak team in their final pool match with the hope of losing and going into the 'European' half of the draw?

wouldn't put it past that lot!

Australia
    RTE player maybe? The RWC website will definitely put up a 5 min video.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

JustinDee wrote: »

They already have 5 mins up on the iPad app anyway of all today's games, good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

On Tg4 now
    JustinDee wrote: »

Yeah thanks lads it's on both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so in the quarters we will be playing either Wales/Samoa or Fiji on the 8th of October

But is there still a possibilty we will finish 2nd in the group. ??? or if Italy beat us could they knock the Aussies out of the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

am thrilled to bits, great team performance, thought best had an excellent game, and o briens try saving tackle on genia was magnificent, i didnt give ireland a chance before the game which makes all the sweeter!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

So happy and so many things to say, but Cian Healy was an animal. Fantastic game from him, and so many more of them!

Heard the Radio 1 commentary was outstanding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wow great performance today, I'm still estatic, we've set a world class platform here; solid scrum, decent lineout, ball carrying backrow, great 'choke' tackling, good out half distribution (need to work of place kicking) and overall great variety.

This was a brilliant 'northern hemisphere' style win

Australia
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    So happy and so many things to say, but Cian Healy was an animal. Fantastic game from him, and so many more of them!
    They all played like they were possessed. A team performance. Discipline was poor in first-half but they seemed to direct the aggression a lot better in the second-half.
    Watching ITV recording of game now. Great viewing second time round for sure.
    They deserve the post-match scoops tonight then a down-day and back to the paddock for the serious stuff on monday.
    Game-by-game thinking is the order of the day as Dec has been saying from the start.

One thing I will always remember of this RWC regardless is the party atmosphere in the crowds. O2 was good too though, this morning.

Sebastian Chabal on twitter:
    Quel match des avant irlandais. Beau combat. Belle victoire de nos amis

"What a game from the Irish. Great fight. Beautiful victory for our friends".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Matt Williams
    Sebastian Chabal on twitter:

"What a game from the Irish forwards. Great fight. Beautiful victory for our friends".

fixed. Avants means forwards

Advertisement