Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

droicead wrote: »
    why is it considered a shock that we beat oz today?its not as if we didnt beat them before,all the media outlets claiming its a major shock,is it because of loosing the warm up games?its 15 against 15 so anything is possible but the way the media is potraying it is a bit offensive

Because AUS where strong favorites to top the group and win the tournament, also helps that they came in trinations champions and with us coming in of the back of a poor year of rugby. We have also never really performed at a world cup, we never beat any of the big teams there, so it was a bit of a bit shock:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

castie wrote: »
    Looked to me that Heaslip I think it was rolled away from the tackle at the same time the wall came flying out. Looked like he played it with his hands and its why it got to Murray.

There was that so maybe it was Heaslip called offside - watched that passage of play on the itv player, and they also said that the ref pulled it back for offside. Looking at the referee as well, one hand up to indicate penalty, other hand pointing down at ground, afaik thats the signal for offside at a ruck on maul.

Watched the other video, referee seems to indicate offside against Cian Healy or maybe DOC, who was marginally ahead of the ball when Murray collected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭droicead

fair enough,i stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

So true about the SH medias coverage of Ireland in the World Cup run-up! Apparently Brian O'Driscoll and Paul O'Connell are the only Irish rugby players that register with the media down under...

Australia, meet Stephen Ferris! Your scrumhalf is not likely to forget him any time soon...

inpho_00544059-630x466.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Matt Williams
    Watching the highlights on rte here, Heaslip was very hesitant going into contact today, only 1 of the forwards you could say that about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I love that pic with Genia's legs off the ground.
    It was a great win today but the conditions suited Ireland's game. The aussies like to throw the ball around and it was pissing rain. The aussies were overrated too. They lost to Samoa in June..that wouldn't happen before. Cooper is a liability at flyhalf....especially if there is wet ball. They don't have a scrum although ours has really come on. If Ireland can kick their penalties, not concede many, they could go far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-PMqnmeynE

Link to a great clip of Quaide Cooper getting to know Cian Healy! The man was like a f#%king PANZER TANK today... Totally deserved his MOTM!

With regards to Stephen Ferris, does the IRB have a rule against picking up scrumhalves and marching them down the pitch only to dump them over their own tryline? Initially i thought he might have a go at that with Will Genia! Would you be awarded a try or would it just go to a 22 drop out? Possibly a TMO decision or something? The officials have to be sure there was downward pressure applied to the scrumhalf's head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Single most spectacular Irish performance in the history of the game. George Hook is being positive

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZcOX04CAA is the full match with Australian commentary - part 1 of 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

So George, will we beat the All Blacks in the final?

I'm liking that host more and more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 czech

what a great game well done to the lads:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Charledontsurf

Rog retiring after the world cup?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZcOX04CAA is the full match with Australian commentary - part 1 of 7

Is the whole lot up because I can only see part 1:confused:

darkman2 wrote: »
    Is the whole lot up because I can only see part 1:confused:

Parts 1 and 2 are - waiting for the rest of it now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Parts 1 and 2 are - waiting for the rest of it now!

Do you have a linky for part 2?

Tried
    AUST V IRELAND RUGBY UNION WC2011--2of7.flv but nothing.

Thanks.

Tried

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufB4Nas_4DM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Tried

Thanks.

This is the channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/THUGBYFAN#p/a/u/0/ufB4Nas_4DM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Maybe this is wrong - but if it is i donna want be right......

......anyone else think today was a bit of payback for 91?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jawgap wrote: »

My Dad was one that went onto field although think may be different channel to that one

Sure was payback for defo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Australia
    Jawgap wrote: »

After 20 years?

• Advertisement

Damo9090 wrote: »
    After 20 years?

I've a long memory!!

I was there and I was heartbroken when Lynagh crossed - plus to this day I reckon the pass to Campo was so far forward it could have beaten the DART to Bray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Rog retiring after the world cup?

Some think he hinted this in post-match interview.
    Probably a good time/way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Australia
    I have a serious pain in my face since 11 o'clock today, as i can not get rid of a stupid grin off my face.:D Man that was unreal.

Ferris taking the toddler for a walk.
    Healy cleaning out Cooper.
    Bowe running the lentgh of the pitch.
    The scrum being awesome.
    BOD giving an interview with blood dripping down his face.
    Rog nearly bursting out in tears in interview.
    The whole teams performance.

Today it's fcuking great to be Irish.

Unreal

uriah wrote: »
    Some think he hinted this in post-match interview.
    Probably a good time/way to go.

Whatever about RO'G - I think O'Driscoll may well call it quits at the end of this season - he really looked to be running on empty for the last 10 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Is the ROG interview online, the UK tv cut off before showing it this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Australia
    harney wrote: »
    Is the ROG interview online, the UK tv cut off before showing it this morning.

Might be on the RTE player?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

leftism wrote: »

inpho_00544059-630x466.jpg

*right click - set as desktop background*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no torrents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Australia
    The Aussie wrote: »
    Why would the team winning need to start the rough stuff???
    although you will have to take a step back to the try line when the conversion is being taken, you should see a lot of that in the morning, till then.

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

the silence since is deafing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Matt Williams
    magma69 wrote: »
    Is it crazy to suggest South Africa will deliberately play for second? From their perspective, I think Ireland would be a lot more favourable than Australia. It would likely be England after that if I'm not mistaken. No Southern Hemisphere teams along the way.

Very risky in that pool. They couldn't loose to Namibia if they tried, and if they throw the game against Samoa and Wales beat Samoa in a few hours, they'd risk going out of the tournament.

Advertisement