Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs Australia, Sat 17 Sep 9:30am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Ha. I just woke up from a snooze on the couch after half a bottle of vino a bit disorientated, looked at the watch and thought it was 8.40 am and thought thank god - just in time for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Australia
    Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Ha. I just woke up from a snooze on the couch after half a bottle of vino a bit disorientated, looked at the watch and thought it was 8.40 am and thought thank god - just in time for the match.

I have a bottle of rouge waiting in the wings for myself. I've said to myself I'll wait until midnight before I pop it or the six pack open. That should then get me to the Argies match and after that it's plain sailing to Irish match. The problem is just lasting from now till midnight. If I open the vino sooner I'll be passed out by 3am and sleep until just before the Munster match tomorrow. Which would be terrible as I slept through my alarm for the Wednesday morning matches.

To be honest, there's far more tactical drinking and sleeping going into a Southern Hemisphere World Cup than it's Northern Hemisphere counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Matt Williams
    Don't know why but I feel that there's a good performance in this team and
    hopefully we'll see it tomorrow. This is based on nothing except that it feels
    very similar to the circumstances going into the England game in March.

Anyway, wishing the lads all the best tomorrow..
    COME ON IRELAND!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Australia

Remember this don't right us off :p

CMON IRELAND

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

When the Aussies start the rough stuff we have to stand up [one hit all hit]nobody can take a step back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Matt Williams
    sting60 wrote: »
    When the Aussies start the rough stuff we have to stand up [one hit all hit]nobody can take a step back.

Why would the team winning need to start the rough stuff???
    although you will have to take a step back to the try line when the conversion is being taken, you should see a lot of that in the morning, till then.

Aussie Aussie Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The crazy thing is that everyone here thinks that Ireland are going to win (me included) despite Ireland's dire performance and Australia winning the tri nations.
    It's scary to see higginbotham and drew Mitchell come off the bench. We have to get our backrow running at quade cooper (if he's not hiding out in the wing). We need sexton to have his kicking shoes on. I'm happy enough with our line out and scrum. And please Kearney do not kick the ball to to the Aussie back 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Australia
    I believe.

Australia
    Is feidir linn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Australia
    And I believe I can stay up till 4.30. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

As the great Pete Dunham would say,

"FÚCKING COME ON THEN!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Australia
    TV3 at 11pm Area 22 is back tonight with David and Paul Wallace previewing game in morning. Just saw on twitter

Australia
    Meglamonia wrote: »
    And I believe I can stay up till 4.30. :pac:

its 9.30 :p

Australia
    duckysauce wrote: »
    its 9.30 :p

Aye, but once you get to the first match it's plain sailing from there. Just a few cups of coffee and rasher sandwiches needed to keep yourself going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

theboss80 wrote: »
    TV3 at 11pm Area 22 is back tonight with David and Paul Wallace previewing game in morning. Just saw on twitter

David wallace; "it's not a career ending injury".....brilliant. Great cheer from the crowd

Australia
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    David wallace; "it's not a career ending injury".....brilliant. Great cheer from the crowd

it's pure ****e he is not playing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Australia
    Feck have to head to bed. Up early to head to the O2 for the match. Will be an early start for a few drinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

lads, do any of youz get genuinely nervous before a game like this or is that taking it too far?

Australia
    Yep I get nervous , stupid I know but its just pit of the stomach stuff. Just saw on twitter there that it has started lashing rain now ahead of the game later

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

donfers wrote: »
    lads, do any of youz get genuinely nervous before a game like this or is that taking it too far?

Of all the matches in the past few years involving Irish or Munster teams, this is the most nervous I have been since Stephen Jones went to take that final kick in Cardiff in 2009.

Logic should dictate that we all shouldn't be nervous - that we should accept the foregone conclusion that we will be defeated. The reason some of us are nervous is because we have hope; we dare to believe the unbelievable.

No one is arguing that Australia is the better team. But, and it's a big but, the match tomorrow morning may be one we speak of for years to come and for all the right reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Australia
    QZLSe.jpg

Australia
    Woohoo
    COME ON IRELAND

No disrespect meant to the guy and hope he recovers soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Matt Williams
    That can only be good for Ireland. Don't know anything about the guy replacing him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Australia
    Disappointing for Pocock, but great news for us. The breakdown is not as big of a worry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Australia
    Sort of disappointed Pocock is out. Was looking forward to seeing how we would cope against him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

DylanJM wrote: »
    Sort of disappointed Pocock is out. Was looking forward to seeing how we would cope against him tbh.

Ehhhh I think you are on you're own there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I have called most of irelands recent results about right - going for a surprise irish victory , with a performance similar to against England in march - pride and passion - go on Ireland - for BOD and POC - Heaslip , please big game !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Never like to see a player get injured but with Pocock out our chances have been greatly increased, so I'm quite pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Does everyone think it's a genuine injury or do you think Deans is worried risking Pocock getting injured up against the (slightly) more physical SOB, assuming that Australia will probably win anyway? Just a thought.

Advertisement