Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop computer, monitor etc.

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone bought new Desktop computer lately? any advice - looking to replace my old one which is very slow and freezes regularly. considering going with Apple but not educated enough. Predominantly for home office use, music and students. any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

What's your budget?
    Put a request in the pc building section of this forum.
    Some very helpful people there who will spec a pc and even build it for u for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭emilymch1

Good idea, thanks for that. my budget would be around the €6 - 800 mark, but obviously will have to be prepared to pay more for the Apple. I'd be looking for Intel dual core, min of 4 GB memory, good audio .... thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 47 2can

Does anyone know what to do with an old Desktop Dell from 2005? It's slow at the moment but if it was wiped I'm sure it would be of use to someone.

Where could it be sold? For how much?
    Is it just fir for the skip?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭thegift06

im in the same situation with my dell, what model is yours mine is a dimension 5000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

2can wrote: »
    Does anyone know what to do with an old Desktop Dell from 2005? It's slow at the moment but if it was wiped I'm sure it would be of use to someone.

Where could it be sold? For how much?
    Is it just fir for the skip?

Not at all! If you do get a new PC, keep the old one to test for faulty parts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement