Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of leaving my car in Tallaght and commuting to IFSC by Luas ... good idea?

• 15-09-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I'm commuting from Kildare to Dublin 3 days a week (Tue, Wed and Thur). I need to be in the IFSC by 8.30am, and I might be in work till after 10pm some evenings. I was thinking of leaving my car in the Aldi car park in Tallaght and getting the Luas, but not sure about the safety of that particular car park or opening hours etc.

Any opinions/comments on my plan? Does anyone know how long the Luas takes from Tallaght to IFSC? What about the safety/security and opening hours of the Aldi car park?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Takes about 45-an hour.. guess depending on how busy it is..

The aldi car park is always open.. staff are there usually til about half 8..
    When passing at night there is always one or two cars there but safety wise.. who knows..

Edit: Im thinking of the one in Belgard.... as far as i know the underground at Tallaght near the stop is open all the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Why not take the train to Heuston and LUAS from there?

There is also the Bus Eireann route 126 bus which serves the IFSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why not the Red Cow P&R?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

park at citywest.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You could park in the Lidl carpark in Leixlip and get the train from Louisa Bridge.
    Approx 30mins from Louisa to Connolly.
    Intel staff often park in that car park.
    Louisa might be a shorter drive for you, depending on where you're coming from in Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you state where in Kildare you're coming from it will be a lot easier for people to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

It's a very long journey on the Luas, up to one hour. Try to drive closer to the city. Perhaps park on street in Drimnagh/Bluebell. Or as another poster said, get the train, then Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ILBondo

I would recommend getting the 27 Bus from tallaght before 7.30, you should miss the rush hour that way. The 27 will take you to connolly station, that is if your workplace is a reasonable walking distance from there.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/27-/

Advertisement