Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Issues. XBLA and Forza 3 related.

Options
  • 15-09-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

I have just recently moved out. So I don't have broadband at the moment. I turned on my Xbox and I was going to play a little Trials HD but there's an issue I've ran into. It is stuck in "trial game" mode. It won't let me unlock the full game unless I have Xbox Live.

What's also weird is that most of my other XBLA games are the full games that I purchased. So I've half of them that have went back to the trial versions and another half that are the full games. Not happy :(

The OTHER issue I have is: Do I need to be signed into Xbox Live to play Forza 3?? I was itching to play it all day then when I finally got home, it told me to "download the latest title update and restart your Xbox" I don't know how to manually download updates if that's what I have to do...

I didn't realize there were big factors in having an Xbox without LIVE. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Did you change xbox consoles at ay time ?
    Sound like a licence issue.
    If you changed consoles any games downloaded on the old one will ony work on the new console when signed into xbox live, you mightnt have noticed at all if your always online.
    If that is the case you can go here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Support/LicenseMigration/Home and move the old licences over to the new machine.
    Hope this is of some help :)

You will also have to have the new console connected to xbox live when doing this process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

^^^ Yep.

As for Forza 3, if you have DLC, it sometimes won't let you play without the latest patch. Not sure if Forza does this, but I know Red Dead Redemption does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Oh god I completely forgot about that license thing. I'll do that then when I get the chance thanks lads!

EDIT: and yeah I've changed consoles like 3 or 4 times and only done the license transfer the one time :P

Advertisement