Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Dogma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just another quick question, my main Pawn is a Sorcerer, and I was just wondering, does the order in which his spells are assigned affect how often he uses it? i.e. Will he use High Levin more if it is a primary skill, as opposed to a secondary skill?
    Can't be positive, but I think that's more to do with how you set the behaviour of the Pawn. In Gran Soren, there's a chair in the Inn that you sit in and it lets you change your Pawn's behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Guys, where is the cheapest place to buy this game?

Now that I am done with the LC bull**** I can finally get around to this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you buy your pawn weapons?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can you buy your pawn weapons?

You can indeed, and armour.

I've just spent a small fortune upgrading the pawns I'm using - whatever I buy and enhance is gifted back to the original owner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

can you buy weapons for the guys you hire too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

If ur on ps3 hire my pawn pls she's lvl 45 mage PSN: Naughtix

Notorioux wrote: »
    If ur on ps3 hire my pawn pls she's lvl 45 mage PSN: Naughtix

how much is she going for ;)? I love this pawn system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can you buy weapons for the guys you hire too?

Yes you can but they are gifted to the owner.

Almost lost a griffen cloak that way, chap was nice enough to give it back when I realised it was gone :D

how much is she going for ;)? I love this pawn system

Not sure mate, but you could add me up as a friend so you can hire her for free

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

My brother recently started playing, and whenever his main pawn comes back from someone else's world it shows who's world he was in, how much RC he received from them, and what rating they gave his pawn, and what knowledge they learned on enemies and quests. However, when my pawn comes back from someone else's world it just show me what items I got, and nothing else, does anyone know why he sees all this information and I don't?

And also, does anyone know what determines how much RC you receive from someone else's world? My brother just got >5000, and the most I've gotten is ~300?

• Advertisement

My brother recently started playing, and whenever his main pawn comes back from someone else's world it shows who's world he was in, how much RC he received from them, and what rating they gave his pawn, and what knowledge they learned on enemies and quests. However, when my pawn comes back from someone else's world it just show me what items I got, and nothing else, does anyone know why he sees all this information and I don't?

And also, does anyone know what determines how much RC you receive from someone else's world? My brother just got >5000, and the most I've gotten is ~300?

I wasn't able to figure that one out myself, some time I did see feedback others I didn't I figured it was shown only if the person had used the pawn for a while, I got over 70k last time I rested :D

Edit: Actually I did some digging , it seems when you see feed back someone hired your pawn when you don't see that and all you see are gifts, it means the server simulated the pawn being hired.

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit: Actually I did some digging , it seems when you see feed back someone hired your pawn when you don't see that and all you see are gifts, it means the server simulated the pawn being hired.

Well that leaves me pretty dissapointed, I thought my pawn was popular, with all the effort I put into upgrading him, turns out he'e never actually been hired :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well that leaves me pretty dissapointed, I thought my pawn was popular, with all the effort I put into upgrading him, turns out he'e never actually been hired :p
    To make your Pawn popular, make them a woman with large breasts and have them wear either really cool armour, or very revealing armour. And no, I'm not joking. That's what a lot of people go for.

humanji wrote: »
    To make your Pawn popular, make them a woman with large breasts and have them wear either really cool armour, or very revealing armour. And no, I'm not joking. That's what a lot of people go for.

I know a lot of people do, and in my opinion it's actually pretty sad. I'm not going to redesign my pawn just to get more people to hire him anyway, I also give him the best armour I can, as opposed to good-looking armour, the trade-off just isn't worth it.

I'm doing a quest where you have to slay 20 wild boars,where can I find them?

50,000 gold reward christ :eek:

I'm doing a quest where you have to slay 20 wild boars,where can I find them?

50,000 gold reward christ :eek:

I just finished that quest today, I usually found a few littered around the world, but one place I could always find them was in the Witchwood, although maybe only 5 or so at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Go out of Grand Soren and head over the bridge, just on the other side of the river in the woods, I think to the left of the road, there are boar. Probably only 5 or 6 but better than nothing! There's also some on the way to the travel camp place where Reynard is.

danthefan wrote: »
    Go out of Grand Soren and head over the bridge, just on the other side of the river in the woods, I think to the left of the road, there are boar. Probably only 5 or 6 but better than nothing! There's also some on the way to the travel camp place where Reynard is.

you can simply kill the ones in side grand soren, they are in a pen in the same area as the pawn guild, just head over the field and you'll seen them, sleep a few times and they will respawn and there are no negative consequences to doing this.

As much as I love this game,some of the quests are confusing as **** :mad:

Blargh. Went to meet the Duke, got warned about quests being cancelled, finished up all I needed to go,
    did the quest to kill the Griffin,
    took some more quests from the Chamberlain, and had my other active quests cancelled. I know I'm an idiot but that's unfair imo :(

• Advertisement

Blargh. Went to meet the Duke, got warned about quests being cancelled, finished up all I needed to go,
    took some more quests from the Chamberlain, and had my other active quests cancelled. I know I'm an idiot but that's unfair imo :(

Especially unfair given the save system.

If I want to upgrade Caxton's Armory and I give him a Bronze Idol, will I later be able to give him a Silver Idol, or can he only accept one Idol in total? So is it better just waiting until I get a Silver Idol, and give that to him? (Gold Idol is out of the question as I failed that quest)

Thats a load of bull

NNNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

Was fighting a cyclops, and bam, YLOD.

I'm really upset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

dam sorry to hear that, happened to myself bout 3-4 years ago, originally i got it fixed however its on temporary and lasted for 5 months before i ended up having to buy a new one. since then tho havent had a problem, still have a fat ps3, just gave it more ventilation around the console and also after playing for a long time, 2+ hours, dont shut down the console directly from the game. quit the game and hang around in the menu for like 15mins so the fans can cool the console down properly!

psugrue wrote: »
    dam sorry to hear that, happened to myself bout 3-4 years ago, originally i got it fixed however its on temporary and lasted for 5 months before i ended up having to buy a new one. since then tho havent had a problem, still have a fat ps3, just gave it more ventilation around the console and also after playing for a long time, 2+ hours, dont shut down the console directly from the game. quit the game and hang around in the menu for like 15mins so the fans can cool the console down properly!

Cool, thanks. Gonna have a go at fixing it myself, failing that I'll be buying a new one. Luckily DD is so goddamn awesome I won't mind playing through it again too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Cool, thanks. Gonna have a go at fixing it myself, failing that I'll be buying a new one. Luckily DD is so goddamn awesome I won't mind playing through it again too much.

you could just transfer your hard drives, very easily done if you have to

ah jesus sorry to hear that,my baby is a fat 60gig have her 5 years now,I fear getting the ylod everyday :'(

psugrue wrote: »
    you could just transfer your hard drives, very easily done if you have to

I thought I'd read that didn't work?

• Advertisement

The fight with the final boss is definitely up there with one of the most epic boss fights I've ever experienced

Advertisement