Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Dogma

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can pick this up in Dublin?

Gamestop Stephen's Green SC have new copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gamestop in tallaght had a few second hand copies yesterday.

Nope, no sign of them. New only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where can I get a rift stone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

after finishing the game 3 times now the one thing that has stuck with me the most is this :) Loved this and left it sit there more than once after booting the game :D

Note the translation vs the english version

where can I get a rift stone?

Not sure what you mean here dude, Rift Stones are http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Stone

Which i'm 99% you are not asking about :confused:

Are you looking for more shards to hire high level pawns?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean here dude, Rift Stones are http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Rift_Stone

Which i'm 99% you are not asking about :confused:

Are you looking for more shards to hire high level pawns?

Sorry I got mixed up,I'm looking for a wakestone :o to bring a person back to life,Its part of a quest.

after finishing the game 3 times now the one thing that has stuck with me the most is this :) Loved this and left it sit there more than once after booting the game :D

Note the translation vs the english version

what an awesome song!

Sorry I got mixed up,I'm looking for a wakestone :o to bring a person back to life,Its part of a quest.

If you are post game go to the everall and fight!!!!!!!!! if not black cat shop in gran soren, or the posh guy who's name i cant recall. edit: Fournival he restocks after 7 days also other locations http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Wakestone_Shard no big spoilers there from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seems this game went straight over my head. Haven't turned my PS3 on in months, have been on the PC constantly. Looks interesting, how does it compare to the Souls series? Dark Souls is my favourite game of this gen, should I give this a look?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Big Knox wrote: »
    Seems this game went straight over my head. Haven't turned my PS3 on in months, have been on the PC constantly. Looks interesting, how does it compare to the Souls series? Dark Souls is my favourite game of this gen, should I give this a look?

It's not as good as Dark Souls, but it is definately worth a look.
    Very enjoyable game.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Very enjoyable game.

Of course it's not nothing is!! :p

Yeah I think I'll try pick it up pre-owned if I can. Is the combat similar to Souls?

Dark Souls is my favourite game of this gen, should I give this a look?

Re: Dark Souls - Same here! Can't stop playing Dragon's Dogma either!!!
    Yes...give it a try.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-30-dragons-dogma-scales-reach-1-05-million-units

"Dragon's Dogma sales are 1.05 million, according to Capcom's bright and cheery April-June 2012 financial report.
    Most of that success came from Japan, where Dragon's Dogma "exceeded expectations" - although the game "struggled abroad".
    We knew at the end of June that Dragon's Dogma had shipped more than 1 million copies, and that there would be more Dragon's Dogma games made as a result. That's a stance echoed in today's financial report, which declared the stage set "for creating a series of titles".
    Dragon's Dogma was a big bet for Capcom, having been made by the largest dev team ever assembled by the publisher. The open world action role-playing game was awarded 7/10 by Eurogamer".

Sounds good have decided i'm gonna try pick it up when I have the money.

In case anyone sees this and is finished with it on the PS3 I'm looking for a swap for Max Payne 3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

F1ngers wrote: »
    Very enjoyable game.

It's definitely not as polished as Dark Souls but it's still a superb game, I loved every minute. I'm really excited about the next one, though it's years away obviously.

FLOODY777 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-30-dragons-dogma-scales-reach-1-05-million-units

"Dragon's Dogma sales are 1.05 million, according to Capcom's bright and cheery April-June 2012 financial report.
    Most of that success came from Japan, where Dragon's Dogma "exceeded expectations" - although the game "struggled abroad".
    We knew at the end of June that Dragon's Dogma had shipped more than 1 million copies, and that there would be more Dragon's Dogma games made as a result. That's a stance echoed in today's financial report, which declared the stage set "for creating a series of titles".
    Dragon's Dogma was a big bet for Capcom, having been made by the largest dev team ever assembled by the publisher. The open world action role-playing game was awarded 7/10 by Eurogamer".

The words sequel and capcom are two words I'd never have imagined together :rolleyes:

But credit where it's due, 1) for a great game and more so for 2) risking a new ip when so many are retreating to the old reliables to keep them afloat !

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Anybody playing on Xbox? Let me know your GT and I'll add you to share pawns.

J

The Japanese version will patched on Aug.6 to add an option to make the game easier :eek:

I know the game was not easy starting out but never did I want an option to make it easy. It's certainly not dark souls hard.

Gonna try pick this up tomorrow. Last offer, anyone finished on PS3 fancy swapping for Max Panye 3 with online code not used?

Started this last night, played for 3 hours and eventually got killed, 2 or 3 packs jumped me at night I had no idea what was going on. Anyway turns out I never saved manually and now I'm right back at the start after waking up. No auto save?

Not sure if I'm to blame or the game is. A bit of both me thinks. Anyway that aside I'm enjoying it so far the combat while not as polished as Dark Souls still seems good. Biggest annoyance so far is the HUD is such a mess in combat it can be annoying but I'll get over it. Now to just replay what I did last night!

Question: Can you change between the starting vocations? Can I change to a mage from a fighter? I know you can later on with the advanced and hybrids.

• Advertisement

You can change when you get to Gran Soren, talk to the innkeeper.

The game does autosave for sure, were you just running about in the world for 3 hours without returning to the town or camp?

danthefan wrote: »
    You can change when you get to Gran Soren, talk to the innkeeper.

The game does autosave for sure, were you just running about in the world for 3 hours without returning to the town or camp?

Being honest I spent alot of time in town for the first hour or two, I'm a bit of a weirdo where I have to look into everything when I start a game, check everywhere and spend time looking at builds / shops / pawns etc. Then I spent a bit of time in the world killing stuff and exploring.

When the option came up to restart at a Checkpoint I selected the option for the last autosave but it put me right back at the start. Now that I know what I'm doing it won't take long to get back to where I was.

Being honest I spent alot of time in town for the first hour or two, I'm a bit of a weirdo where I have to look into everything when I start a game, check everywhere and spend time looking at builds / shops / pawns etc. Then I spent a bit of time in the world killing stuff and exploring.

When the option came up to restart at a Checkpoint I selected the option for the last autosave but it put me right back at the start. Now that I know what I'm doing it won't take long to get back to where I was.

Press start
    Press select
    Do this often

The one criticism of the game I'd have is the save system. I didn't ever use those restart options because I didn't trust where they were going to bring me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just looking for a bit of advice, would you recommend to recruit a pawn online or the ones built into the game, also what party should i go for.

I am the Stryder/Rogue, i have a mage, and two warriors. What is the best mix in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

By the ones built into the game, do you mean the ones that wander around in-game? I generally go into the Rift and buy the best I can afford. I always found the ones wandering the map to be fairly low level.

As for a party, I don't think there's any perfect mix, just whatever suits your play style. I play a stryder and have two mages and a warrior. But occasionally I trade a mage for a second warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Would anyone care to lend me their pawn?

If so send me your Xbox GT and ill add you

Looking forward to it but I hear initially it will be a bundle with the original game at a reduced price, and then will be released as a download later in August I believe.

Not sure at all if the download will be standalone or require the original game :confused:

Looking forward to it but I hear initially it will be a bundle with the original game at a reduced price, and then will be released as a download later in August I believe.

Not sure at all if the download will be standalone or require the original game :confused:

Ah that's a balls,I just wanna download it on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've taken this game out of the backlog and put it in the PS3. It is just downloading a few patches right now. Can anyone fill me in on how the pawn system works?

Advertisement