Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Dogma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I haven't actually done it... Except one quest that specifically requires you to do it. As in, there's a specific spot that you have to bring a goblin corpse to. They don't even tell you you'll need bait until you are at the spot which is a bit of a pain if the bodies are already gone and you have to go away, come back when the goblins are there. Felt a bit ridiculous going away to an inn, staying there until the goblins were back and people are waiting for you to bring bait.

This is something of a spoiler, I guess, but it's better to just post it so people will know to bring a goblin corpse with them. The point in the game where this is relevant will be obvious when you get there. Be sure to have stamina potions as it diminishes your stamina fast to be carrying something.

As for unscripted bits? Well, there are times (rarely for me) that you'll see a Griffin flying around the place. I guess you just kill a goblin or whatever is around and throw it somewhere it is visible. I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't count on the AI to shoot at the Griffin in the air. They only really seem to engage enemies when...

1) You've already engaged them.
    2) You've engaged one group, and there is another group nearby.

Don't think they'll attack a Griffin that's flying around, tbh. And, re-speccing to be something with a bow wouldn't be wise as you wouldn't have the skills/augments that would come with having worked on that from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Does anyone know how long is the DLC? I'm not interested with the original as I already finished and got all the trophies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^^^I'd like to know that too.

Feck sake I reloaded from a check point and I'm have to do a load quests again *slaps forehead*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there meant to be a snakeskin purse at the healing spring in the north face forest does anyone know?

I haven't done much of the new content, when I play, its trying to get to a higher level as a prelude to going to the new area. I've done the returning to checkpoint a couple of times, though I try to go to an inn often for several reasons, this being one of them.

As for the Snakeskin purse, here.

Edit: Note: The suggested location they mention is The Blighted Manse which is only available if you do certain quests in a certain way, so I'd suggest looking at the other areas to guarantee you get one.

• Advertisement

So, how many people are still playing this? I have to go back to it still, but I'm kinda curious how ye all approached the vocations for your Arisen and main pawn.

I started out with my Arisen as a Fighter and my main pawn a Fighter. I don't know what level I got the option to change vocations, but at that point I moved my Arisen to an Assassin, and my Fighter pawn to a Warrior. I saw somewhere online that it was recommending levelling up a while as a Strider and Sorcerer for a while with an expected Assassin class as it gives you bonuses in some of your stats. Am I alone in just sticking to the one vocation for arisen and/or main pawn? I'm at level 109 now with both, and it'll be a while before I'll be playing again so figured now a good time to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Pushtrak wrote: »
    So, how many people are still playing this? I have to go back to it still, but I'm kinda curious how ye all approached the vocations for your Arisen and main pawn.

I started out with my Arisen as a Fighter and my main pawn a Fighter. I don't know what level I got the option to change vocations, but at that point I moved my Arisen to an Assassin, and my Fighter pawn to a Warrior. I saw somewhere online that it was recommending levelling up a while as a Strider and Sorcerer for a while with an expected Assassin class as it gives you bonuses in some of your stats. Am I alone in just sticking to the one vocation for arisen and/or main pawn? I'm at level 109 now with both, and it'll be a while before I'll be playing again so figured now a good time to post.

You should switch vocations, as when you unlock augs in each class you can carry them over to all builds.
    like say you rank up the Fighter to rank 8, you unlock the "Vemehence" aug that increases your strength by 10%. or the "Endurance" rank 2 aug for the Strider that increases your max stamina by 100. Different vocations have their own set of augs to unlock, and once you unlock one, it can be used on any other vocation.

These are the augments for each vocation.
    http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Augments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm nearing the end of the Dark Arisen content and they really upped the difficulty of the game for this area. There's some very interesting features like Death (you'll want to run when you see him) and the carrion enemies that randomly appear (basically super powered versions of bosses and bigger enemies). You'll want to run when you see them as well. I'm actually kind of surprised that there's a nice little story to go with this quest as well considering that the main game was so poor in this area. The two bosses I've faced so far have been rock hard until you figure out the tricks to beating them, I initially thought I was way under leveled but once you figure them out they are a lot of fun and feel like classic Capcom bosses. The dark arisen content is just one big dungeon but it's absolutely huge and looks great, well worth playing but I'd wait until you have done most of the post game content before tackling it (although don't go too far, you can get to the end of the game and be forced to start a new game plus).

Have to say I really am enjoying the game, the main game was decent enough but the post game content and the path to the real ending kept the game fresh as did the Dark Arisen content. I'm probably enjoying the post game content more than the main game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Hi all. Late to the game, recently got Dark Arisen.
    Around level 13 and loving it so far, very hard to put it down.

However, because I have Dark Arisen it seems I can't give gifts to any pawns whose creator has the original game, nor do they get any rift crystals when I use their pawns...so basically there's no point using them?

Then in the rift you can spend a good while trying to find other players with DA whose pawns you can use (online icon) and are aroud the same level. I know you can use pawns not created by other players but it's nice to use other peoples.

I've added a good few to favourites now though but still haven't had anyone use my pawn. Therefore I'm not getting any rift crystals. I read the game used to use your pawn but they've stopped that in DA too though. So anyone on PS3, please add me and give the lad a run out.

I'm about to start the last quest,what level do ye recommend one should be ?I'm level 50,I just want to kill the thing as quickly as possible tbh,would that be high enough?also after the last boss can you continue on exploring,doing quests etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is this the main game quest? Once you beat the dragon you can continue on. However once you beat the post game quest and get the real ending then you have to start a newgame+. It's worth doing the dark arisen content and post game content. I had more fun with them than the main game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is this the main game quest? Once you beat the dragon you can continue on. However once you beat the post game quest and get the real ending then you have to start a newgame+. It's worth doing the dark arisen content and post game content. I had more fun with them than the main game.

Ya main game quest,is 50 high enough,cant wait to start the Dlc.

50 should be plenty. Dark Arisen content is really tough but it's doable without grinding. Just don't be afraid to run away from Death and the carrion creatures. The Bosses seem tough but they have tricks to figuring them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bought this on a couple of weeks ago.. seems like it is a great game, but I just can't get into it.. After playing Dark Souls for so long, Im struggling with this, which is bad because it seems to be a great game..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    bought this on a couple of weeks ago.. seems like it is a great game, but I just can't get into it.. After playing Dark Souls for so long, Im struggling with this, which is bad because it seems to be a great game..

Stick with it,it really is alot of fun,how far into are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Stick with it,it really is alot of fun,how far into are you?

about 3-4 hours game time.. Im up to level 15.. liking the whole set up of the game, but after playing dark souls for a long time, its hard to get to grips with this.. the whole pawn thing and having a gang with me, the settings and the enemies are great....

Well it's nothing like dark souls and never pretends to be.

Well I brought dark arisen off the psn store so its downloading now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I played this a while back, got my pawn up to around lvl 50 (cant really rememeber) and for the last battle i kept getting my ass handed to me.

It is a brilliant game so i just got the Dark Arisen version and giving it another try, starting off fresh.

What class do you reckon i should go with?

I had a lot of fun with the mystic knight. Weapon choices are a bit more limited that melee classes but it's made up for with all the status buffs and spells you can get. You can only swap to mystic knight once you reach the capital.

• Advertisement

Finished it just there,that one was long ass battle,now onto the expansion :).

Epic fight with the
    Archydra
    last night :)
    First time it just swallowed me.
    Took a good 20 minutes to beat him the next time and it was touch and go. Probably would have been quicker as a different class but having tried most of the martial classes (and got the augments I wanted) I've come full circle to the fighter. Really enjoy the playstyle. Although seeing the ridiculous damage :eek: my sorcerer pawn is doing to groups at the moment is making me a little jealous.

Just wondering about the
    Everfall - I have the quest to collect 20 Wakestones. Is that the only quest related to the Everfall and is that all there is post game?

I had gone to Bitterback Isle at about level 50, got the void key and left. Then went and finished the main quest. About level 55 now so thinking finish up
    the Everfall
    and then finish Bitterback Isle?

Very important:
    Do not finish the everfall quest until you beat bitterback island. It will force you into new game plus. I did all the everfall floors then moved to bitterback island but didn't hand over the wakestones which triggers the real ending.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Very important:
    Do not finish the everfall quest until you beat bitterback island. It will force you into new game plus. I did all the everfall floors then moved to bitterback island but didn't hand over the wakestones which triggers the real ending.

Thanks. Exactly the kind of thing I was trying to avoid. Have clocked up about 26 of them now so was just about to hand them over. Had to use one last night too, think it was
    the chamber of fate - 2 gorechimeras (checked in history to see what they were after because I knew they were too strong to be regular ones) and a lich who summoned a load of hellhounds.
    Think that was the toughest fight I've had.
    Is there a way to know when you've done all the floors in the everfall other than falling through repeatedly and seeing if you've been there before from your map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Going to start this at the weekend, any suggestions for a class/character build?

Don't want to go with the wrong class and be OP or have limited options later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can change class at any stage afaik, so just pick one and see if you like it.

You also get access to more advanced classes early on.

Re-roll at any stage, I'll be tweaking like a lunatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You'll be surprised how quickly you fall into one category. You aren't really at too much of a disadvantage by picking one over another. Even though there's only a handful of classes in total, they are set out in a way that really compliments your play style.

• Advertisement

Am about 6 hours in now with a level 13 Strider. Taking my time in Gran Soren, still trying to suss out whether I like the game. Spent a while there where I seemed underpowered for every quest I was given. Just figure out how to do the special moves now (hold down L!) so maybe I'm on the path to victory!

I was wondering how I keep getting high level pawns for free, then I read it in an earlier post that its a friends pawn. I've a level 69 sorcerer called Emma in my party now so if she belongs to someone here - thanks very much :D

Advertisement