Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC TV, Internet and phone down in Sutton?

• 15-09-2011 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

my UPC TV, Internet and phone worked very well the last weeks, but suddenly yesterday in the morning it all stopped working. Although I'm connected to the Wi-fi router, I cannot access the Internet. My TV can only access a few channels like RTE One or Euronews, the others are also gone. Beyond that, my phone doesn't work either. At first I thought it would be a temporary down, but now I do not have any UPC connections for more than one day.
    My house is located in Sutton, Bayside, near Howth Junction Dart Station.
    Am I the only one who has this problem in that area, or is it generally down there?
    And, what can I do now to get it going again?

Thanks a million for your help!

Regards,

Hizee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomrei

where do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

OP stated:
    My house is located in Sutton, Bayside, near Howth Junction Dart Station

OP stated:

my bad.

I'm in Raheen, limerick and have experience the same problem with internet since the evening before yesterday. connect to router ok but no internet. wondering if this is a general thing or is it my house mate forget to pay the bill.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hizee

At least I'm not the only one with this problem...
    Yeah, I'd also like to know if this could be a general problem. Maybe some more people will let us get to know if they also experience this problems since yesterday/the day before yesterday.
    Does your internet not work or all three devices I mentioned?
    And what are you going to do now? Calling the UPC service?

By the way, as you mentioned the "not paying the bill" aspect: I'm not actually living in this house, I'm only there for some weeks and of course cannot just ask the owner if he paid the bill. So, my question: Do UPC just shut down the connection, if you don't pay the bill, without further warning?

It's the internet and the TV, (we don't have land line), so it must be a top level problem.

• Advertisement

mine works now, hope yours too.

As the house owner told me yesterday in the evening, it has actually been the bill, that he had not paid. But he paid it yesterday, and they told him it will work within 24 hours, Today in the morning it hasn't been working yet, but I hope it will in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hizee wrote: »
    As the house owner told me yesterday in the evening, it has actually been the bill, that he had not paid. But he paid it yesterday, and they told him it will work within 24 hours, Today in the morning it hasn't been working yet, but I hope it will in the evening.

Did he mention if he was charged UPC's stated €50 re-connection fee for non payment of the bill?.
    If not i wonder do they just state this as a way of scare mongering.

As far as I know, there was no re-connection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Sorry to bump old thread, but Sutton and Bayside are two different places. If you're near Howth Junction station, you very much live in Bayside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Sorry to bump old thread, but Sutton and Bayside are two different places. If you're near Howth Junction station, you very much live in Bayside.

The Mods always say here we don't bring up old threads.

Anyway thanks for the geography lesson:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Ha no worries! Just a bit of a pet hate people who dont know or lie to themselves about where they live for silly reasons. Back on topic slightly though, UPC, or the lack of in Howth/Sutton is getting stupid at this stage.

Advertisement