Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a time frame of when its suitable to drink alcohol?

• 15-09-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing a lot of people talking about watching the rugby world cup games early in the morning and having a few beers with it and the very idea turns my stomach. :pac:

Can't imagine its pleasant getting drunk in the morning and having to deal with the comedown low later in the day as it wears off, I'm usually asleep for that part.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Downlinz wrote: »
    Do you have a time frame of when its suitable to drink alcohol?

Any time between Sunday Morning and Saturday night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As soon as I can get one really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm hearing a lot of people talking about watching the rugby world cup games early in the morning and having a few beers with it and the very idea turns my stomach. :pac:

Can't imagine its pleasant getting drunk in the morning and having to deal with the comedown low later in the day as it wears off, I'm usually asleep for that part.

its awesome, try it.

my general rule is, on holidays: any time is acceptable

regular life: anytime after 6pm or so,if on holidays, see first rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Trick is not to stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Trick is not to stop

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

The only time i'd drink in the morning is if i was still going from the night before, which sadly hasnt happened in a while,

wait actually, i was caught comming home at 8am just last week, how'd i forget that?

edit: im actually still up from last night, but ran out of cans around half 5

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Waking hours.

I never drank during the day until I lived in the US and Ireland games were on in the afternoon their time. Now I love it (when I get the chance)! There's something mischievous about it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

As soon as the sun is over the yard arm.

At 8am its over the yard arm in New Zealand, so game on as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

After 12 noon - although its always after 12 somewhere!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Drinking early in the day has to be the greatest thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Evening time, after my dinner, that is optimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

usually around 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

my only rule is no more than 1 if you're on your own. After that, anything goes.
    I'm hearing a lot of people talking about watching the rugby world cup games early in the morning and having a few beers with it and the very idea turns my stomach.
    The first beer is a bit funny and it's strange that the day gets brighter the drunker you get (usually the other way around) but these are the sacrifices dedicated rugby fans must make. It's a hard life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

all day sessions are the best. i love them. woooooh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Churchill was usually pissed by lunchtime....and he won the war. So as a loyal West Brit I follow his example. Thats my excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Rag week and paddys day ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

When the World Cup was on last year a few of us used to be drinking at all hours.

4 cans for the first match. Food.
    4 cans for the second match. Food.
    4 cans for the third match. Food.

Wasn't surprised to find I had put on about a stone over the summer!

On a normal weekend anything after 1 pm is grand. Anyway if your in a pub the only person that can look down on you is a barman and in fairness I couldn't give a fiddlers what they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Trick is not to stop

I did that last Saturday night, kept on trucking through the rugby Sunday morning...never again...getting too old for that shìt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Even if it's a drinking occasion, like a stag, then there's no drinking allowed before breakfast. Typically the earliest I'll allow myself is lunchtime.

Otherwise normal times, 6pm is the cutoff.

not sure if this counts as blasphemy here, but you don't always have to get p1ssed when you drink. A couple of beers won't do any harm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Time: Thursday 7am
    Place: Bar, Birmingham Airport
    Event: 2 English blokes wolfing into their pitchers.
    Verdict: Wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Time: 7am

Wrong.

What if they were trying to avoid a massive hangover? I'd rather be merry on a plane than be hungover and sick.

wolfing into their pitchers
    :eek: Hardcore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After a big lunch would be my earliest, so 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

My old rule used to be when its dark I can drink-it made winter a wonderful time :)

Then I discovered the joys of boozy lunches and its anytime from midday.

Or anytime at all on holidays, usually a few in the morning as a curer and spritzers throughout the day, cocktails at night. I want a holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't see how it is much different than heading to the pub around 1 or 2 AM and staying out drinking until 6 or 7 AM. Nothing wrong with going out and enjoying a few beers while watching the game. I'll be heading to the pub early Saturday for a few of the games, will grab a brekkie & beers, and then continue my Saturday as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Maybe a more interesting question is would anyone eat a kebab before nightfall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Time: Thursday 7am
    Verdict: Wrong.

Pretty much any airport bar you will see a few people drinking at this time : people still in a different time zone, jet lag or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If the big hand is pointing at something and the little hand is moving, then its probably okay to have a drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

When our livers pack in, the doctor is unlikely to say "Its because you were drinking at the wrong time of the day".

Advertisement