Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a time frame of when its suitable to drink alcohol?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I remember being on a camping holiday in france last year.... we used to get up each morning and sit around in our deck chairs waiting until 'beer o clock' (noon) at which point lashing into the warm kronenbourgs in the back of the van was socially acceptable.

So yeah. Noon by our defacto standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

Love during the day drinking can't bate it!! Was staying with my Uncle in California for a while and he works nights so he used to arrive in at 10/11am and have a couple of cans..It would have been rude not to join him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

pajunior wrote: »
    Maybe a more interesting question is would anyone eat a kebab before nightfall?

Absolutely, I often have a kebab for lunch or after work on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Whenever I feel like a drink, it's the right time for a drink.

If I want to go to an early house, or have a can with my bacon an' saustidges, I will.

If I don't fancy a drink, I won't drink. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

It would have to be afternoon for me, preferably evening. I just one of those people who can't stomach alcohol in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I have great memories of the 2002 Soccer WC. Ireland kicked off against the Cameroon at 7.30am. The pub was packed. I had the breakfast and then started lashing into the pints. It was a joy to be dancing merrily outside after the game and while a lot of people were only starting their day. Stayed on the pints til lunchtime. Then tucked into a mighty roast beef dinner. After that it was onto a train to Carlow for the Dubs in the 1st round of the championship Vs Wexford. I traded cigs for cans on the train and then hit a boozer close to the ground for pre match pints. After the game it was back on the train to the pub it all started in that morning! I finished drinking at about 11.30pm, grabbed a curry and headed home.

It was truly a day when the drinking time frame was no holes barred.

PS. I was absolutely scuttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

I am reminded of this and this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

exceptions are sporting events and when its 5am in the airport and youre off on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

But...if you continously drink through the night until 7am/8am, is it considered drinking in the morning or still drinking through the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

You all talk like vodka isn't a morning drink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

OneArt wrote: »
    You all talk like vodka isn't a morning drink!

It's an any time drink.

And anyway the rugby world cup is in New Zealand and it would be evening there when the games start so technically it's not really morning time drinking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I've always loved breakfast beers, the best part of the weekend/holidays if you ask me. I just don't get this whole it's too early for a beer thing! Why just alcohol, why is it never too early for tea? Or bananas? It's just made up bullshít.
    If you want a beer have a beer, it doesn't matter what time it is - so long as you don't have to drive/work/look after kids and so on - drink away, you'll be a long time thirsty when you're dead;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

From now on it's going to be weddings, funerals, birthdays and Christmas. Basically events where I want an excuse to be obnoxious, which I will be as my tolerance for drink is gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Only on days ending in 'Y'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Churchill was usually pissed by lunchtime....and he won the war.

No he didn't, he merely played a bit part. The Russians and the Americans won the war ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

As much of a pisshead as I undoubtedly am, I never feel like drinking before about 7pm unless it's a waking up in the morning in some strange gaff that has booze and I've nowt to do situation. Drinking during the day makes me feel manky generally, and not in a good way. Also, as pissheadular as I am, I try to work for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Beer O'Clock is a frame of mind to be set, adjusted and tweaked for each and every occassion.*

*sponsored by drinkaware - I am drink aware & drink wisely - my motto: never see a good night wasted, battle for the last man standing position every time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Pretty much follow a simple rule, I'll only allow myself drink on two occasions. When I'm thirsty and when I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

As a college student, I can honestly say, I've no problem drinking at any time of the day. 6 hours of lectures ahead of me? Gonna need some courage to get through em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Am I still awake? Then it's time to drink... *hic*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I'll drink to that.

Advertisement