Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mud baths -Vulcano, Sicily

• 15-09-2011 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to the mud, thermal baths on Vulcano Island off Sicily? Are they worth making the trip out there?
    Heading away next week... can't wait :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 qambathilodge

Good idea to as first lol, Iv been to places all over Africa to experience different warm baths and muddy experiences, but never tried a different continent, I think it woul dbe worth it, if not im sure you will enjoy the culture if your not from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlexJohn24

In my opinion it would so much fun....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Some_randomer

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to the mud, thermal baths on Vulcano Island off Sicily? Are they worth making the trip out there?
    Heading away next week... can't wait :)

Hi just curious did you make it there in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dreamgirl18

Yes we did make it out there - it was quite good, if a little stinky from the sulphur in the mud (eggalicious!).

I think as an excursion its worth doing, the boat trip out was lovely, really scenic.

We stopped at the island of Lipari for a look around & lunch, and then headed to island of Vulcano.
    As well as the mud baths, there are warm thermal waters and a black sand beach.
    I recommend not bringing any silver jewellery as the sulphur will tarnish it. If possible bring swimwear & towel you don't mind dumping as the mud will stain/fade them.

Might be a stupd questionbut do thermal springs offer any health benefits over normal baths?

Also curious where abouts were the baths in Africa? Anyones that were particularly good

• Advertisement
Advertisement