Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged by Eircom on Broadband?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

We had an issue in our company where our mobile phone signal from Vodafone was poor. So we got a booster unit to increase the signal strength. This made no difference, so Vodafone replaced the box f.o.c, believing it to be an unit problem. The signal still did not improve.

Looking into the issue more, the vodafone booster runs off the broadband internet that we have from Eircom. We have a broadband business starter package from Eircom that gives us supposedly up to 12mb broadband. We looked into this further and checked and found that we were actually only receiving 4.38mb !!

On contacting Eircom, they replied that they would check and revert to us within 24 hours and check that the line could take the broadband speed that we were paying for (€40/month) The agent informed me that we could have been mis-sold a package that could not conceivably work in our area and that we could be due a rebate.

As promised, 24 hours later, the agent came back and confirmed that we were not in an area that could receive 12mbs and he said he could downgrade us to 5mbs for €25/month instead. He also said that we were not entitled to a rebate as Eircom had not upgraded the package and that the 12mbs was a free upgrade.

I have since checked all our records and have not found that three years ago we were originally on a "broadband lite" package at a cost of less €25/month and that we were sold the upgrade package for an extra €15/month to go to 8mbs, which is now 12mbs. Considering that the most our lines will take is 5.1mbs, this looks like a mis- sell from Eircom

In our opinion, it looks like we were sold an upgrade package that was never going to work in our area. The agent is not taking my calls today and I have left messages for him to call me on this, as far as we are concerned we are due a rebate on the package for the last three years.

At present we buy our calls from Pure and have our line rental and broadband with Eircom. Eircom are trying to get us to go back to them on the calls, which we are considering, but how do we deal with Eircom, when it looks like we may have been mislead in relation to the broadband speeds that were available in our area and possibly overcharged for same

Not only that, but it appears that the vodafone booster is not working for our mobiles, because the broadband signal drops. We have been informed by other persons that this signal can drop, because the broadband is looking for 12mbs which is not there, so it crashes. If this is the case, and if we have possibly been mis-sold a package, this so called broadband upgrade has caused us multiple headaches in relation to our mobile signals within the company.

Has anyone any suggestions on how we deal with this issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

We had an issue in our company where our mobile phone signal from Vodafone was poor. So we got a booster unit to increase the signal strength. This made no difference, so Vodafone replaced the box f.o.c, believing it to be an unit problem. The signal still did not improve.

Looking into the issue more, the vodafone booster runs off the broadband internet that we have from Eircom. We have a broadband business starter package from Eircom that gives us supposedly up to 12mb broadband. We looked into this further and checked and found that we were actually only receiving 4.38mb !!

On contacting Eircom, they replied that they would check and revert to us within 24 hours and check that the line could take the broadband speed that we were paying for (€40/month) The agent informed me that we could have been mis-sold a package that could not conceivably work in our area and that we could be due a rebate.

As promised, 24 hours later, the agent came back and confirmed that we were not in an area that could receive 12mbs and he said he could downgrade us to 5mbs for €25/month instead. He also said that we were not entitled to a rebate as Eircom had not upgraded the package and that the 12mbs was a free upgrade.

I have since checked all our records and have not found that three years ago we were originally on a "broadband lite" package at a cost of less €25/month and that we were sold the upgrade package for an extra €15/month to go to 8mbs, which is now 12mbs. Considering that the most our lines will take is 5.1mbs, this looks like a mis- sell from Eircom

In our opinion, it looks like we were sold an upgrade package that was never going to work in our area. The agent is not taking my calls today and I have left messages for him to call me on this, as far as we are concerned we are due a rebate on the package for the last three years.

At present we buy our calls from Pure and have our line rental and broadband with Eircom. Eircom are trying to get us to go back to them on the calls, which we are considering, but how do we deal with Eircom, when it looks like we may have been mislead in relation to the broadband speeds that were available in our area and possibly overcharged for same

Not only that, but it appears that the vodafone booster is not working for our mobiles, because the broadband signal drops. We have been informed by other persons that this signal can drop, because the broadband is looking for 12mbs which is not there, so it crashes. If this is the case, and if we have possibly been mis-sold a package, this so called broadband upgrade has caused us multiple headaches in relation to our mobile signals within the company.

Has anyone any suggestions on how we deal with this issue?

Hi Royal Legend,

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Hi Royal Legend,

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, will do

Thanks Mark, will do

Hi Royal Legend,

I got your details thanks. I am looking into the issue and I should be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Royal Legend,

I got your details thanks. I am looking into the issue and I should be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Much appreciated Mark and thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I have a similar problem with overcharging, if it was on eircom or vodafone I don't know.

Switched in August to vodafone from eircom. Told by the vodafone rep that they did all the dealings with eircom and that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

This morning I recieved a bill for a month of broadband that I didn't use. Phoned the customer service agent who was a bit snotty about it saying it was due to line rental which is included in my vodafone package.

Now I do not have the money to pay both my eircom and vodafone bill for both the same period of time. What do I do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I have a similar problem with overcharging, if it was on eircom or vodafone I don't know.

Switched in August to vodafone from eircom. Told by the vodafone rep that they did all the dealings with eircom and that I wouldn't have to worry about it.

This morning I recieved a bill for a month of broadband that I didn't use. Phoned the customer service agent who was a bit snotty about it saying it was due to line rental which is included in my vodafone package.

Now I do not have the money to pay both my eircom and vodafone bill for both the same period of time. What do I do?
    Hi tatabubbly
    if you recieved the bill from another provider afraid that there is not much I can add, however if you PM me your eircom a/c number I can investigate our final billing for you. Should be able to clarify issue.
    Tony

Hi Tony
    PM'd you yesterday for an update, any idea when we can expect feedback on this. The person we were originally dealing with on this is not answering calls or returning messages :(

Hi Tony
    PM'd you yesterday for an update, any idea when we can expect feedback on this. The person we were originally dealing with on this is not answering calls or returning messages :(

Hi Royal Legend,

I sent an escalation to managers in the business service center and I hope to have an update for you today.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, I have replied to your explanation in your PM, Can you reply with an updated answer today please and we find the explanation unsatisfactory.

Mark, I have replied to your explanation in your PM, Can you reply with an updated answer today please and we find the explanation unsatisfactory.

Hi Royal Legend
    Mark just out to lunch at moment and will answer you when back.
    Tony

• Advertisement

I replied to your PM last Friday evening and I was told that you would look into the issue in more detail. Still no reply and it is now Wednesday evening.
    If you want I can post my issues from the PM on the forum?

Either is there any chance of a reply or even any chance that one one your reps will call to us as we have asked?

I replied to your PM last Friday evening and I was told that you would look into the issue in more detail. Still no reply and it is now Wednesday evening.
    If you want I can post my issues from the PM on the forum?

Either is there any chance of a reply or even any chance that one one your reps will call to us as we have asked?

Hi Royal Legend
    I can see Marks response from Friday, he is in later today and will have him contact you as soon as possible.
    Tony

Hi,
    Mark was to call me at 2.00pm. I have pm'ed him that I am going back into a meeting between 2.45 and 3.00pm, so he needs to call me before then. Its nearly a week since the last update. There has been no further response on our problem as was promised, and we are still to hear if you are going to send someone out to talk to us face to face, to sort the issues.

Hi,
    Mark was to call me at 2.00pm. I have pm'ed him that I am going back into a meeting between 2.45 and 3.00pm, so he needs to call me before then. Its nearly a week since the last update. There has been no further response on our problem as was promised, and we are still to hear if you are going to send someone out to talk to us face to face, to sort the
    issues.

Hi Royal Legand,

I Pm you apologies I didn't call. if you can get back to me after your meeting I will appreciate it.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,
    Still waiting for the phone call.

Can you call me today please, perferably before 1.00pm

Mark,
    Still waiting for the phone call.

Can you call me today please, perferably before 1.00pm

Hi Royal Legend
    re call send on any relevant info and I will be in contact as soon as possible next week.
    Tony

Hi Royal Legend
    re call send on any relevant info and I will be in contact as soon as possible next week.
    Tony

Hi Royal Legend,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been investigating the issue in detail and if you would be able to PM me with the best time to give you a call to discuss the issue.

Many thanks, Mark

Hi Royal Legend,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been investigating the issue in detail and if you would be able to PM me with the best time to give you a call to discuss the issue.

Many thanks, Mark

Hi,
    I have sent you a PM

Talk to you later

Hi,
    I have sent you a PM

Talk to you later

Hi,

Got it thanks, I will call you after 3pm.

Regards, Mark

Hi Mark,
    Another week has gone by and we are still waiting on an answer

Can you revert with an update please. We sent sent through a copy of the 2008 bill last Friday as requested.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Another week has gone by and we are still waiting on an answer

Can you revert with an update please. We sent sent through a copy of the 2008 bill last Friday as requested.

Hi Royal Legend,

As per the call tou earlier I have sent an escalatin to business broadband support. I will be back to you early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,
    Our line speed still has not dropped back to 3mb. When will this happen as we need to test our other hardware to see of the issue is resolved

Mark,
    Our line speed still has not dropped back to 3mb. When will this happen as we need to test our other hardware to see of the issue is resolved

Hi Royal Legend,

I escalated the issue to managers in broadband technical support and they want to check on an issue. So I will look let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    Yet another week has gone by, its over one month since we first posted our issue, I understand some small steps have been made, but this is taking far too long. its nearly two weeks since we agreed that the spped would be dropped to 3mb so as we could check that our system was not dropping the signal still.
    Can you let me know please as soon as possible, when we can check our system when the speed is at 3mb?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Hi Mark,
    Yet another week has gone by, its over one month since we first posted our issue, I understand some small steps have been made, but this is taking far too long. its nearly two weeks since we agreed that the spped would be dropped to 3mb so as we could check that our system was not dropping the signal still.
    Can you let me know please as soon as possible, when we can check our system when the speed is at 3mb?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Hi Royal Legend

I PM you a moment ago.

Thanks, Mark

Hi,
    For the last few weeks our company broadband has been slow.
    For the last week or so it has been chronic.

I have just ran speedtests and when the results finally arrive I am being told we have a broadband speed of between 0.11 and 0.45 mbps !!!!!

We are trying to run a business here, but cannot do so while the speeds are this low.
    The lease we should get based on our previous converstions is around 2.4 mbps

Can you please tell me is this a general problem in our area???

Our IT people are in tomorrow, they are already recommending we switch to Vodafone Broadband.

Hi,
    For the last few weeks our company broadband has been slow.
    For the last week or so it has been chronic.

I have just ran speedtests and when the results finally arrive I am being told we have a broadband speed of between 0.11 and 0.45 mbps !!!!!

We are trying to run a business here, but cannot do so while the speeds are this low.
    The lease we should get based on our previous converstions is around 2.4 mbps

Can you please tell me is this a general problem in our area???

Our IT people are in tomorrow, they are already recommending we switch to Vodafone Broadband.

Hi Royal Legend,

Have checked the line and broadband and following investigation from our business faults department they have found an issue with the line. This is almost certainly the cause of the sudden drop in speed. Not clear what the exact issue is until we send a technician but we have already arranged for that to happen (Ref. no. 11257695). The turnaround time on a fault is 3 working days. The reference number above will allow you to track the fault by calling business faults (1800 601 701, option 5). If you prefer, leave a note here for updates and I can check for you instead.

Regards

James (Logged in as Mark)

Hi Royal Legend,

Have checked the line and broadband and following investigation from our business faults department they have found an issue with the line. This is almost certainly the cause of the sudden drop in speed. Not clear what the exact issue is until we send a technician but we have already arranged for that to happen (Ref. no. 11257695). The turnaround time on a fault is 3 working days. The reference number above will allow you to track the fault by calling business faults (1800 601 701, option 5). If you prefer, leave a note here for updates and I can check for you instead.

Regards

James (Logged in as Mark)

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we will be back to normal early next week.

Well, yesterday an Eircom engineer arrived out to look at the problem.

Our broadband was working ok and we told him, and he said he would have a look at the line.

Anyway to cut a long story short, our broadband went off, as we supposed he was looking at the fault.

HE NEVER CAME BACK, now we dont have any broadband and our fax line has gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did not even bother coming back to tell us he found a problem, a problem by the way he made worse by going at it.

We are a multi million euro business that now cannot contact its customers by either fax or e-mail.

When we rang Eircom, they said they are working on the problem

We pay €8 a month extra for a service that guarentees our phones are back up and running within 8 hours, but seemingly it does not cover either the fax line or broadband, which they say is a maximum of 2 day.

Yet again, we feel we have been mis-sold a service by Eircom.....

I am going to keep bumping this thread until its fixed.

• Advertisement

Still no answer,
    we are being told tht itis a dropped cable.

We are losing business because of this issue, if this is not resolved shortly we will be looking at legal action against Eircom for loss of business.

WE HAVE NO E-MAIL OR FAX

UNBELIEVEABLE :mad:

Advertisement