Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged by Eircom on Broadband?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Still no answer,
    we are being told tht itis a dropped cable.

We are losing business because of this issue, if this is not resolved shortly we will be looking at legal action against Eircom for loss of business.

WE HAVE NO E-MAIL OR FAX

UNBELIEVEABLE :mad:

Still no reply, it is nearly 48 hours since the technician was here that caused the issue. We had broadband and fax working, then the technician arrives, he cuts off our broadband and fax, we believe that he is working on it, but the following morning we find we still have n fax or broadband, that there was an issue found by the technician, but he did not even have the courtesy to tell us of the issue.
    Since then we have been sent from pillar to post, fobed off would be a better description. Still no reply on these boards either.

We are potentially losing thousands of euro's in business due to this issue.

Can someone please reply as to how to resolve this please????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Still no reply, it is nearly 48 hours since the technician was here that caused the issue. We had broadband and fax working, then the technician arrives, he cuts off our broadband and fax, we believe that he is working on it, but the following morning we find we still have n fax or broadband, that there was an issue found by the technician, but he did not even have the courtesy to tell us of the issue.
    Since then we have been sent from pillar to post, fobed off would be a better description. Still no reply on these boards either.

We are potentially losing thousands of euro's in business due to this issue.

Can someone please reply as to how to resolve this please????????

Hi Royal Legend,

I apologise for the delay. I have spoken with the technician assigned to your fault. He has advised that this is related to an underground cable in the area. The technician required further assistance at the distribution point yesterday as it wasn't possible to complete on his own.

The technician further advised that he is aware of your urgency of repairing this fault. A crew has been assigned to complete repairs as soon as possible. If I receive more updates I will advise you.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

We have been told that this will be fixed tomorrow morning, we wait with bated breath.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Royal Legend,

I apologise for the delay. I have spoken with the technician assigned to your fault. He has advised that this is related to an underground cable in the area. The technician required further assistance at the distribution point yesterday as it wasn't possible to complete on his own.

The technician further advised that he is aware of your urgency of repairing this fault. A crew has been assigned to complete repairs as soon as possible. If I receive more updates I will advise you.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Why did this technician apparently not tell the customer that he was going to cut off their bb? Surely the customer is entitled to such information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

We have been told that this will be fixed tomorrow morning, we wait with bated breath.

Hi Royal Legend
    yes, I have spoken with tech on this job and he reports that service should be fully returned. Let me know if this is not the case. Apologies for disruption in service byt this was due, as Anthony had posted earlier, to an underground cable issue.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Royal Legend
    yes, I have spoken with tech on this job and he reports that service should be fully returned. Let me know if this is not the case. Apologies for disruption in service byt this was due, as Anthony had posted earlier, to an underground cable issue.
    Tony

So Tony why the lack of communication from the tech to the customer? Surely a customer should be told if the bb is going to be turned off?

Advertisement