Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a camper a camper?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I've converted a van into a small camper for single occupancy camping at events etc. At the moment the van is still taxed commercially, i was just wondering if there are any stead fast specs that make a van a camper van?
    Some of my conversion specs are as follows:
    • Carpeted floor
    • Fixed single bed with storage underneath
    • plumbed sink counter sank into work top with storage press under neath
    • boxed in portaloo
    • there are no fixed cooking or electrical facilities in the van.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

This has been well covered before if you searh you will find the answer. But off the top of my head you need a table a fixed 2 ring cooker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

As above, you really should have a good look around on this forum. There are many threads on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Quadsey

Clearly my laziness hasn't proceeded me, If i wanted to use the search function i wouldn't have posted a new thread. I'm looking for an answer the easy way so don't bother bumping your post numbers with needless replies unless your gonna answer my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Quadsey wrote: »
    Clearly my laziness hasn't proceeded me, If i wanted to use the search function i wouldn't have posted a new thread. I'm looking for an answer the easy way so don't bother bumping your post numbers with needless replies unless your gonna answer my question.

ive always found the posters on this forum extremely helpful
    if you ever have a direct query they will always point you in the right direction
    no body is here to boost their post numbers,just help others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Quadsey

@meercat maybe i'm a lil dim but i couldnt find the answer to my question in your post!?! You must have missed my second post in this thread. Try the search function if your having trouble locating it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Riiiiiiight.............

Just so i have this straight, you want to get an answer to a question but you couldn't be bothered to look for the information. Instead you think there are other people that will post in here the same information as what has already been posted on this forum before?

Best of luck getting your answers then.........

Oh, and btw, if i wanted to boost my numbers, I'd post in after hours. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Barking Dog

i was just wondering if there are any stead fast specs that make a van a camper van?

Yes. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Wow this will be my first use of the ignore button in the camper forum I suggest other people follow suit.

• Advertisement

I wonder if quadsey will get as far with a screw gun as he does with a keyboard.
    Btw there's a lot more info archived in the "old search" than in the direct. ...it appears as a search option after your initial search

• Registered Users Posts: 15 defitzi

thanks all...i'm now as wise as when i started reading this post out of curiosity talk about wasting folk's time...ye take the biscuit.
    noe seekother posr...just to red and be informed-on of Boards raison d'etre if I recall aright when i joined way way back

• Registered Users Posts: 15 defitzi

thanks all...i'm now as wise as when i started reading this post out of curiosity talk about wasting folk's time...ye take the biscuit.
    now seeking other posts...just to read and be informed.....-one of Boards raison d'etre; if I recall aright when i joined way way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

defitzi wrote: »
    now seeking other posts...just to read and be informed.....-one of Boards raison d'etre; if I recall aright when i joined way way back

Resurrecting a 4 year old thread about not beng arsed to use the search function because you can't be arsed to use the search function to find what's been covered ad nausem before. You've really made your point. This is a public foirum not Citizens Information its customary and courteous on any forum to make an effort to find the answer before creating a new thread. People are more than happy to answer specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

moodrater wrote: »
    Resurrecting a 4 year old thread about not beng arsed to use the search function because you can't be arsed to use the search function to find what's been covered ad nausem before. You've really made your point. This is a public foirum not Citizens Information its customary and courteous on any forum to make an effort to find the answer before creating a new thread. People are more than happy to answer specific questions.

seconded ... and thread closed:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement