Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Biscuit Cake Help please

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

angeldaisy wrote: »
    must try this - OH loves it, but its the one thing that evades me, I never seem to get a consistent chocolatey texture - mine looks more like i've made rice crispy buns with biscuits:o

How do you mean? Do you break the biscuits up too small?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Acoshla wrote: »
    How do you mean? Do you break the biscuits up too small?

nope, it just looks like i took a load of biscuits and glued them together with chocolate instead of that lovely smooth chocolately texture that it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

nope, it just looks like i took a load of biscuits and glued them together with chocolate instead of that lovely smooth chocolately texture that it should be!

Might be that you are using too much biscuit and not enough chocolate mixture.

Post your recipe and we can compare to other recipes.

It amazes me how many different completely different recipes there are for Chocolate biscuit cake.

huskerdu wrote: »
    Might be that you are using too much biscuit and not enough chocolate mixture.

Post your recipe and we can compare to other recipes.

It amazes me how many different completely different recipes there are for Chocolate biscuit cake.

to b honest, I think I threw away the recipe, but I think it involved rich tea biscuits, butter, milk chocolate and a bit of golden syrup.
    I must try and get my friends mum's recipe - its lovely and not too sweet at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

to b honest, I think I threw away the recipe, but I think it involved rich tea biscuits, butter, milk chocolate and a bit of golden syrup.
    I must try and get my friends mum's recipe - its lovely and not too sweet at all.

It'd depend on the quantities moreso than the ingredients. like huskerdu said sounds like you've too much biscuit to liquid ingredients.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    It'd depend on the quantities moreso than the ingredients. like huskerdu said sounds like you've too much biscuit to liquid ingredients.

probably - must have another attempt - after lent of course:D Those in my house are off choc and biscs!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Chocolate Biscuit Cake made with Cadbury's Tiffin is to die for!:D
    3 100g bars Tiffin
    120g Connaught Gold Low Fat Butter
    1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
    150-180g Digestives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Chocolate Biscuit Cake made with Cadbury's Tiffin is to die for!:D
    3 100g bars Tiffin
    120g Connaught Gold Low Fat Butter
    1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
    150-180g Digestives
    :eek::eek::eek:

Real chocolate and real butter please!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

:eek::eek::eek:

Real chocolate and real butter please!

Believe me me don't knock it untill you've tried it :D I don't like dark chocolate, find it too bitter. I make an exception for Lindt with chilli though, yumm. I used Aldi 70% before but found it very bitter. Maybe I'll give Bournville a go next time as it only borders on being a dark chocolate, very low in cocoa solids. As for real butter i've used it previously, had none one day so used Connaught Gold Low Fat butter. It seriously tasted no different, it's the only low fat spread I ever use as others are completely tasteless, and it makes the cake better for the figure.;)

Advertisement