Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol Announcement!!!

Options
  • 15-09-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hector said that he would have some "MAJOR" news regarding Snow Patrol on his breakfast show on 2FM tomorrow morning between 7-9am.

What do we think is coming?

My guess is a gig at the O2 sometime just before Christmas or maybe mid January!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What do we think is coming?

A break up hopefully? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

A break up hopefully? ;)
    Harsh!

I would imagine a couple of big gigs. They could prob sell out the Aviva twice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

purpleblaa wrote: »
    Harsh!

I would imagine a couple of big gigs. They could prob sell out the Aviva twice imo.

Ya they would have no problem selling out the Aviva.

I wouldn't expect that to be announced tomorrow though. They've played in Killarney in the recent past also so don't be surprised if they announce a couple of nights in both the O2 and Killarney and maybe add a night in the Aviva when the other nights have sold out. Something similar to what the Script did this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

don't be surprised if they announce a couple of nights in both the O2 and Killarney and maybe add a night in the Aviva when the other nights have sold out. Something similar to what the Script did this year!!

The Script are bigger than Snow Patrol.

But I agree Snow Patrol should be capable of selling out the Aviva, maybe no more than one night but it would be nice with just one for them to finally play a stadium show in Dublin.

I'd say they could do a few arena shows, maybe 3 dates at the o2 and 2 home shows at the Odyssey. But I could see them playing the Aviva or Croke Park next summer.

I keep hearing rumours about them doing Oxegen next year but they've been there and done that I would rather hear about a stadium leg of their own gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

karaokeman wrote: »
    The Script are bigger than Snow Patrol.

But I agree Snow Patrol should be capable of selling out the Aviva, maybe no more than one night but it would be nice with just one for them to finally play a stadium show in Dublin.

I'd say they could do a few arena shows, maybe 3 dates at the o2 and 2 home shows at the Odyssey. But I could see them playing the Aviva or Croke Park next summer.

I keep hearing rumours about them doing Oxegen next year but they've been there and done that I would rather hear about a stadium leg of their own gigs.

Have you ever been to a Stadium gig that was better than an arena gig? I know I'd much rather an arena gig at least you're reasonably certain to get good sound.

Not that I'd be going to Snow Patrol either way but I'm just interested why you think a stadium gig would be good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Snow Patrol wont sell out 3 nights in the O2 as much as i like them i dont think they could do it. Although depending on how this new album goes i could be wrong.

Could they be announcing they are playing Slane? Would be great to see an Irish band headline Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Snow Patrol wont sell out 3 nights in the O2 as much as i like them i dont think they could do it. Although depending on how this new album goes i could be wrong.

Could they be announcing they are playing Slane? Would be great to see an Irish band headline Slane

You dont think they could sell out 3 o2 gigs but then mention an 80,000 outdoor gig?
    Im confused :/

Mega Chin wrote: »
    You dont think they could sell out 3 o2 gigs but then mention an 80,000 outdoor gig?
    Im confused :/

Ah yea fair enough . But i think Slane will always sell well because its Slane and everyone knows about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Snow Patrol, Belfast - Odyssey Arena Jan 23, 24 & 25 2012
    www.ticketmaster.ie/Snow-Patrol
    Official tickets on sale Sept 23rd

Looks like im wrong . My bad :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Neither Alt nor Indie. Moved to Music.

Ah yea fair enough . But i think Slane will always sell well because its Slane and everyone knows about it.

Tell that to the next person who argues Green Day couldn't sell out Slane because they failed to sell out Marley.

Dublin date just announced.

Its on the 21st of January at the O2:).

Advertisement