Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy

Options
  • 15-09-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey,
    Just wanted to enquire about returning to college to do Pharmacy.
    I am a Pharmacy Technician and have been for over five years working in hospital Pharmacy.
    Through reading the entry requirements for TCD, RCSI and UCC, I'm aware that I would need to have Leaving Cert Chemistry (HC3) and Biology (HC3). I did Higher Level Biology for my Leaving Cert and can't exactly remember my grade but I don't think it was above a C3.
    Basically I'd like to know - would my best chance for getting excepted into one of the above colleges be to repeat Biology, take up LC Chemistry this year and apply through the CAO? Or is there a different entry way for Mature Students with a lot experience in said area??
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

You should talk to both RCSI and University of Ulster, they both give credit for previous learning. The RCSI has places specifically for technicians wanting to go on to pharmacy. If you apply through CAO for all pharmacy courses in Ireland, your employment history and qualifiations will be considered. I would do LC Chemistry to honours level while you are deciding, apart from increasing your chances of getting in, it will make your life easier in college. Use UCAS for University of Ulster, Brighton has also taken technicians from Ireland.

Advertisement