Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics in the GAMSAT?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I'm currently in 1st year science in UCD and will be trying to get into graduate medicine in Ireland and/or the UK after I get my degree..
    Right now I'm taking this introductory physics module (for people who didn't do it for the leaving cert), and I hate it with a passion. The only real reason I'm doing it is to make sure I'm well-prepaired for the GAMSAT, but is there any real need for it? Like could I just do one of the prep courses when I'm about to take the GAMSAT and have enough physics knowledge for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

do you find it hard or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I just hate it..

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

physics is a marmite thing. to be honest, it's definitely not the main place i'd be spending my time when prepping for GAMSAT but any categories of question that you feel relatively comfortable with will obviously make you more confident on the day. still if you really hate it, it's not going to prevent you from doing ok on the exam so i wouldn't sweat it. so long as you've some grasp of the core concepts and have studied the rest of the material well you should be grand. i'm now into second year of gradmed and there's been very little physics involved to date. if there is, it's all applied physiological stuff anyway, so is much more interesting in that context.

Advertisement