Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to Eircom??

Options
  • 15-09-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question:

I am currently on Vodaphone for my landline only, I have an any time bundle which costs €32 inc rental, + pay per call for international and mobile.
    I am out of contract.
    I want to cancel the bundle and just pay landline rental as I am now using VOIP for calls, however Voda tell me this means taking out a new contract just for rental.

Can eircom do this with no contract if I switch?

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jamesbil wrote: »
    Hi, quick question:

I am currently on Vodaphone for my landline only, I have an any time bundle which costs €32 inc rental, + pay per call for international and mobile.
    I am out of contract.
    I want to cancel the bundle and just pay landline rental as I am now using VOIP for calls, however Voda tell me this means taking out a new contract just for rental.

Can eircom do this with no contract if I switch?

Thanks
    James
    Hi James
    not sure if I understand this correctly, but if you cease your line with Vodaphone and want an eircom line this will initiate a new contract with eircom.
    Any line provider will require some form of contract before initiating service.
    If this does not answer your query let me know.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

read on the eircom site that rental only is 6mth contract, and €25.
    also read about vulnerable user scheme, can you explain more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

read on the eircom site that rental only is 6mth contract, and €25.
    also read about vulnerable user scheme, can you explain more?

Hi jamesbil,

Thanks for your query.

All eircom contracts are currently 12 months.

The cost of line rental is €25.36 (including VAT).
    To initiate a new phone line (free on current promotion).

The vulnerable user scheme is an older package and is no longer pro-actively being sold. Basically, this allowed a customer a certain amount of calls on their package and if all calls wern't made then the customer would be liable for the difference. For e.g: if a customer was allowed €25 worth of calls, and if they only made €18, then the customer would be liable for the difference.

If you need more information on pricing or similar packages currently actively sold : please contact Sales : 1901 freefone.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Best regards,
    Ant

sorry it was on callcosts.ie that i read eircom standard is 6mth contract.
    Is this in correct then?

sorry it was on callcosts.ie that i read eircom standard is 6mth contract.
    Is this in correct then?

Hi Jamesbil
    yes, a line contract is now a 12 month contract.
    Tony

• Advertisement

and can i change to a different eircom deal during this period?

and can i change to a different eircom deal during this period?

Hi jamesbil
    yes you can change to a different eircom package during this period. However downgrading a package may incur a downgrade fee. If you do intend to change package just post me or give our customer services a call on 1901.
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

Advertisement