Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to work out area for paving ??

• 15-09-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi
    right i got a load of paving slabs for free.. there perfect !!
    have an area at the back of the house i would like to do.
    i know it wont do it all but i jus want to work out how much it will do ?

the paving is in a few different sizes , listed below

24" x 24" no.34
    24" x 17" no.56
    17" x 17" no.45
    17" x 11" no.58
    24" x 11" no.61

how many square feet will this do?

or , the width from path to wall is 17 feet .. how long an area can i cover ?

would be great if someone could work it out as its wreckin my head with measurements etc :mad:

thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Hi there, the most straight forward way is to multiply the length by the width and by number and then divide by 144" as his is the area in a square foot,

You have a total of 570ft2 and will give you and area cover of 33ft x 17ft
    Now to just working out the pattern............

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Hi there, the most straight forward way is to multiply the length by the width and by number and then divide by 144" as his is the area in a square foot,

You have a total of 570ft2 and will give you and area cover of 33ft x 17ft
    Now to just working out the pattern............

cool cool, i went about it after an thats what i got 33x17 , so good too know for sure .
    thanks for your reply ,

cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Niall D
    Nice to get all the slabs. The 570ft2 is correct, You will have to design to use all sizes. Don't forget you will have to adjust for cutting. I would suggest about 7.5% allowance. Good luck with the job.

North West

Advertisement