Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCITP Enterprise Admin

Options
  • 15-09-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of going for MCITP Enterprise Admin certification. I currently have no MS certification but about 2-3 years experience with various levels of IT support in Windows enterprise and small business environments.

Is there any point in doing MCITP Server Admin first? I see two of the exams are the same but I'm not sure how useful 70-646 would be when progressing to MCITP EA.

I also see 70-681 "TS: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deploying" is a more recent addition but the Microsoft page lists no courses or books available for it. Has anyone done this one? It looks more relevant to my line of work as we use MDT/WDS for deployment though I have little experience on the configuration/image creation side of things (I've used RIS and nLite back in the day but that's it).

My employers are willing to pay for a 5-day training course for certification, is there any particular courses anyone would recommend? I probably have the least experience with stuff like IIS and TS but I'm not sure if they'd pay for courses on them (6427 and 6428) considering we don't really use them in the company.

I've been looking at PFH in Cork for courses, can't really find anyone else in Cork with up-to-date MS courses. Has anyone experience with them?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭red_diesel

I've just done the 70-640. In my opinion there is no need to do the course. The exam is grand. Buy the MS Press book and lab up at home. All you need is a half decent PC, Hyper V or ESXi. Use the money to do the VMWare VSphere Install, Configure and Manage course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Thanks, I was thinking 70-640 looked like normal enough stuff. I've ordered the four MS Press books, second edition (I assume updated for 2008 R2?) only came out a few weeks ago. There's actually been a change of plan - I'm doing the course on SCCM next week instead with PFH. I'm still planning on doing the MCITP Enterprise Admin stuff later though.

Work are paying for the courses, and they get discounts for the MS stuff through Software Assurance. The VMware stuff looks good but very expensive!

Advertisement