Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotlights for kitchen?

• 15-09-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they're good for light? We have an energy saving bulb hanging in the kitchen and the room isn't very bright. I want the room brighter and thought this might be the solution.

Any ideas because I haven't got a clue?

BTW I did a search and there's not much on here about it. (posts are about 5 yrs old)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I have LED super brights as spot lights in mine, the lighting is not far off 50w spots but only 4w each. They are about €8 each if I recall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone know if they're good for light? We have an energy saving bulb hanging in the kitchen and the room isn't very bright. I want the room brighter and thought this might be the solution.

Any ideas because I haven't got a clue?

BTW I did a search and there's not much on here about it. (posts are about 5 yrs old)

Eh,electrical section and LED spot lights

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056085175

Ive posted many posts on them with pics included.

Philips 4w LED are one of the best out there for the money.Dimmable too.I have alot of them in my house and kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Never knew there was an electrical section. Thanks Paddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 directlight

LED's are quicker to reach full brightness but to get any decent light output will be much more expensive than your Megaman ones. You could try fitting one or two LEDs so that you get 'instant' light before waiting for the rest.

Advertisement