Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband Option for Tramore.

Options
  • 15-09-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

Self explanitory. Anyone? I'm gutted because I can't get UPC because they don't service Tramore at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

All are practically the same in Tramore if you go with a phone line so just down to price, only thing is that the exchange in Tramore has major problems with only half of it working correctly and eircom don't have the money to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Imagines WiMax is better than other internet service providers by delivering easy high speed internet and digital voice service.
    http://www.imagine.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Imagines WiMax is better than other internet service providers by delivering easy high speed internet and digital voice service.
    http://www.imagine.ie
    very funny Broie lol.

I just ordered for Eircom because apparently I need to be with them for 6 months before i switch. I don't know why but It's a fair decent bundle. 8Mb for 39.99 p/m, including telephone but ah I won't be using the phone much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

i have the 8mb bundle from eircom dave and i have to say its the best of a bad lot-i had perlico 3mb and it wasn't up to playing xbox live/ps3 which i gather your looking for-with eircom you very rarely getting lagging.

having said that, line speed is only running at 5.6mb (monvoy area)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

gamercfc wrote: »
    Self explanitory. Anyone? I'm gutted because I can't get UPC because they don't service Tramore at the moment.

Just got a call from UPC today. They are installing fibre in the new year. Probably in the 1st quarter, So thats good news. I have also posted a thread asking if anyone knows exactly when. happy days. No more crappy phone lines with contention that is they say 1 to 1 but this is not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Sounds good Shazer01. Does fibre mean you don't need to pay for phone/line rental with your broadband, i.e. you only pay for your broadband? I'm happy enough with the broadband I have but don't like having to pay for a phone line when I don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

Hi.
    With UPC you have to pay for your digital cable. Cheapest is 20 i think. And then add the broadband on top of that. U can get phone as well if u want for more money obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Heya, have an 8mb bundle from Vodafone at the moment.
    Anytime local & national landline calls (Mobiles are around 20c p/m), 300GB usage limit for I think 49 a month!
    Never had any real problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Shazer01 wrote: »
    Just got a call from UPC today. They are installing fibre in the new year. Probably in the 1st quarter, So thats good news. I have also posted a thread asking if anyone knows exactly when. happy days. No more crappy phone lines with contention that is they say 1 to 1 but this is not the case.

wow thats brilliant news and will be great boost for the town all over

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

It will be great if it happen's but I won't hold out hope until i see the work happening as UPC have said this about various areas in Waterford City then gone back on the idea. UPC will need to install Fiber to the town from Waterford which is going to cost a pretty penny

• Advertisement
Advertisement