Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming bye-election discussion - Mod instruction post #6. Please read carefully.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It is not junk mail, it is a political message and elections only happen every couple of years. It's usually people that have those signs that moan about politicians not being in touch. Junk mail would be the likes of take away menus and clothes collections not political leaflets. ...

Not sure I agree most the ones I saw were full of generic soundbites rather anything of substance. Ditto their websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

athtrasna wrote: »
    I think there's a couple of issues there.

Litir Um Thoghachain - this is sent to everyone on the electoral register, one from each candidate. With 7 Presidential Candidates and 13 Bye-Election Candidates, that's 20 addressed items to each voter..which is a lot

Other Party literature - in my opinion that is only junk mail when it only comes at election time. Certainly Labour and FG send regular updates during the year. It really winds me up when politicians only think we're worth contacting at election time.

I didn't get anything from any of the Independent candidates for the Bye-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

January wrote: »
    I didn't get anything from any of the Independent candidates for the Bye-election.

i would be surprised if a few have never been to Dublin 15;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Patrick Nulty is 28 going on 29 and is a policy analyst for a housing and homeless charity. As a result he'll have policy and legislative experience, the last thing the Dail needs is another teacher.

That's a fantastic response. As a result of his legislative experience, how will he vote for water charges and the upcoming budget?

Let me remind you before you say FF this and FF that, Patrick Nulty said on drivetime RTE that he will always vote with Labour. It is on Youtube if I am not mistaken.

Patrick Nulty is screwed now no matter what way you look at it.

Joan Burton is absolutley devastated - he is a loose canon and he may blame it on FF - but what the hell is he going to do? First challenge is wealth tax that he wants instead of water charges. What will happen? F**K ALL.

He is f*****d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

election is no longer 'upcoming'. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement