Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming bye-election discussion - Mod instruction post #6. Please read carefully.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Zaph wrote: »
    True, but no-one else has come into the thread and with their first ever post on boards posted something questioning one of the candidates. When someone does that I start digging, and while I know the answer already, I'm giving Dec1981 the opportunity to pin his colours to the mast before I'm forced to ban him from the forum for the duration of the campaign.

ooh, this happened last time in the Dublin West election thread. Bet you it's the same party and candidate as last. :D

And no, it is not granny Loftus. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

ooh, this happened last time in the Dublin West election thread. Bet you it's the same party and candidate as last. :D

And no, it is not granny Loftus. :P

And the twin towers was a conspiracy too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dec1981

Zaph, when I start to promote one candidate then i'll have a link to them, until then i will call for an opinion as I am entitled to do. You know my name and my IP.

I'll register to vote and decide who to vote for when I get a handle on them all. That Drivetime interview is public broadcasting

As for Chucknorris request on who I know - well I know 4 of the candidates personally from work in the area. I have no particular preference as yet on who to vote for.

They are all good local people who have ALL done good work across the community

True, but no-one else has come into the thread and with their first ever post on boards posted something questioning one of the candidates. When someone does that I start digging, and while I know the answer already, I'm giving Dec1981 the opportunity to pin his colours to the mast before I'm forced to ban him from the forum for the duration of the campaign.

Zaph - so I finally decided to post something after been a member for a number of months - Is that a crime to join a forum but decide to only view posts. I mainly used my a/c for adverts stuff anyway

I didn't have a go at anyway I just asked a view on a public interview that was broadcast on a national radio station - again is that a crime?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I just find it rather odd that you posted that link here considering where else you've posted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

seriously could the interrogation not be done via pm?
    cos it's dragging the thread off topic at this stage.

I just find it rather odd that you posted that link here considering where else you've posted it.

Yes it is posted on FB and a few other places if you check

Sharrow wrote: »

I knew you were watching ;)

Apologies Sharrow, you're right so I'll end it now.

Dec, I'm not going to ban you, but I will ask you simply to list the candidates you stated that you know personally so that other posters are aware of it should you make further comments. I accept that knowing a candidate does not necessarily mean you agree with their policies or will vote for them, but it's important that we have transparency on this thread.

• Advertisement

Apologies Sharrow, you're right so I'll end it now.

Dec, I'm not going to ban you, but I will ask you simply to list the candidates you stated that you know personally so that other posters are aware of it should you make further comments. I accept that knowing a candidate does not necessarily mean you agree with their policies or will vote for them, but it's important that we have transparency on this thread.

FACT

And the twin towers was a conspiracy too ;)

HA I knew it!! :pac:

Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Nulty was at Tesco Roselawn last night but neither him nor his team were interested in talking to me, I clearly didn't fit the profile. Anyway I tweeted about it and got a reply from someone who said that they were sure it wasn't deliberate and they were also sure that Nulty would apologise personally on twitter. Within a matter of minutes I had an apology from"Nulty"...I know there's a lot of rain about but I didn't come down in the last shower :rolleyes:

athtrasna wrote: »
    Nulty was at Tesco Roselawn last night but neither him nor his team were interested in talking to me, I clearly didn't fit the profile. Anyway I tweeted about it and got a reply from someone who said that they were sure it wasn't deliberate and they were also sure that Nulty would apologise personally on twitter. Within a matter of minutes I had an apology from"Nulty"...I know there's a lot of rain about but I didn't come down in the last shower :rolleyes:

Who is managing Nulty's campaign?

Athtrasna what is your own personal leaning/profile?

This is turning into a bit of mccarthyism thread.

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?? :mad: Everyone is a spy!

Relax everyone, no one except one particular party
    (hint: Fianna ****, no wait that is too obvious, ****** Fáil, better :P)
    pretends to be innocent non-party related posters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Barry Caeser Hunt will be contesting the election as well. I presume he is only doing it for the publicity.

Be interesting to see if any other independents enter the race.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Who?

Was on the Apprentice, and owns a hairdressers in the Blanchardstown shopping centre as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Barry Caeser Hunt will be contesting the election as well. I presume he is only doing it for the publicity.

Be interesting to see if any other independents enter the race.

By that do you mean he will be putting up posters saying "Give Barry your No.1" like he did for the last election?

Or maybe they will be "Barry Caesar Hunt for President" this time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Undecided voter, very involved in Management Company issues

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Was on the Apprentice, and owns a hairdressers in the Blanchardstown shopping centre as well.

Ah so he's well known then? The last time when I saw his posters I thought he just had a bit of an ego.

http://www.checktheregister.ie/PublicPages/Default.aspx?uiLang=

If you are not on it then you have until the 10 of October to get on the supplementary register to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Great, I was put on the register and now I seem to have magically disappeared. I also checked the register where I used to live and even though I asked to be removed, I'm still there. Great system.

We have a new, em, "candidate/reality tv contestant/local business guy who likes his own image/ surname which rhymes with an offensive word"

Let us introduce, :(, this guy:

http://www.thejournal.ie/apprentice%E2%80%99s-barry-caesar-hunt-to-contest-dublin-west-by-election-243708-Oct2011/

Sure he may not have done anything in the area, he might have an ego, he was on a reality show, his middle name (invented?) is caesar, he puts big pictures of himself up even when no election is on, he is a hairdresser, eh, can anyone think why to vote for him? :o

"A member of Dáil Éireann can achieve and change more in one day than most can do in a life time. It’s time to make that seat count."

Ha, that sounds very like a line used in the West Wing.

everyone, meet Barry Caesar Hunt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I have to say, I am getting extremely irked by the FF candidate McGuinness on facebook and the web calling it the "Brian Lenihan election" and the "Brian Lenihan seat". The seat belongs to the people of Dublin West to elect whomever they see fit, and trying to claim it as the Lenihan/FF legacy really is annoying...

JjeVd.jpg

6FK7q.jpg

vahIO.jpg

wow classy stuff there. You think they can't sink any lower, but then they go use the dead to promote themselves.

I look forward to the poster with Lenihan's grave on on it and David McGuinness standing over it with a thumbs up.

everyone, meet Barry Caesar Hunt :pac:

He's wearing studs in both ears. Never trust a man with studs in both ears. Or something.

I arrived home the other day to find I'd missed an actual, real live candidate at my door. I know this because there was a leaflet and hand written on it was "Sorry you were out when I called. Dave". What a nice man, so friendly and informal. However he could have signed it JFK and he still wouldn't be getting my vote.

He's wearing studs in both ears. Never trust a man with studs in both ears. Or something.

I arrived home the other day to find I'd missed an actual, real live candidate at my door. I know this because there was a leaflet and hand written on it was "Sorry you were out when I called. Dave". What a nice man, so friendly and informal. However he could have signed it JFK and he still wouldn't be getting my vote.

this is an old thread about Barry during his time on the apprentice:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056051697&page=7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

this is an old thread about Barry during his time on the apprentice:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056051697&page=7

What was the movie he was in?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement