Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a deposit needed when paying my direct debit

• 15-09-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to open a household GAS account with ESB. Do ESB require a deposit when opening this account.

Bord Gais require a €200 deposit which you get back after 12 months, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

I would be paying by direct debit.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there,

No deposit needed if you're paying by direct debit. :)

Further details of our plans below:

A new residential customer to ESB Electric Ireland can avail of the Value Saver price plan/discounts (direct debit is mandatory).

Electricity discounts: 4%; then a further 2% for online billing
    Gas discounts: 4%; then a further 2% for online billing
    And a further overall 3% for Dual Fual (both electricity and gas together)

The plan for existing customers is called the Value Reward and offers the same discounts as above (although direct debit is not mandatory, but without it there is no initial 4% discount).

Regards :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again :)

If you are interested in switching, you can do so here or phone 1850 30 50 90. Or we can arrange a callback for you.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement