Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely frustrated at this stage.

Options
  • 15-09-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

For the past month, this Eircom connection has been unstable. I play on the PS3 and Xbox 360, speed isn't the issue, the noise margin has become a nuisance and has made games like Call of Duty too unstable. It was all fine earlier this year, it is not the settings on my two routers(eircom Zylex and Netgear) as my consoles report an open NAT. The speed isn't even the issue or the settings. My house line does seem old however and if I can get it repaired, i'd like to. The noise margin goes from 4dp to 5 to 6 and back down to 4 or even 3 but you get the point, this is simply not good for online gaming. I'm seriously frustrated with it now as Im paying for Xbox Live, PSN PLUS Etc.

As i've said, the connection has been fine for the past 3 years. I don't own a computer or anthing that could be interfering. I'm really just puzzled about this sudden unstable connection. Is there a way to repair this line?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sean007s wrote: »
    For the past month, this Eircom connection has been unstable. I play on the PS3 and Xbox 360, speed isn't the issue, the noise margin has become a nuisance and has made games like Call of Duty too unstable. It was all fine earlier this year, it is not the settings on my two routers(eircom Zylex and Netgear) as my consoles report an open NAT. The speed isn't even the issue or the settings. My house line does seem old however and if I can get it repaired, i'd like to. The noise margin goes from 4dp to 5 to 6 and back down to 4 or even 3 but you get the point, this is simply not good for online gaming. I'm seriously frustrated with it now as Im paying for Xbox Live, PSN PLUS Etc.

As i've said, the connection has been fine for the past 3 years. I don't own a computer or anthing that could be interfering. I'm really just puzzled about this sudden unstable connection. Is there a way to repair this line?
    Hi Sean007s
    If you DM me your tel number I can run some tests on line and connection, may be able to identify issue.
    Tony

Advertisement