Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metrivector - perhaps not vapourware after all

Options
  • 15-09-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/09/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html

Now I've seen the Polar version in real life, pretty much the exact same set up. Looks sweet. I do like the idea of being able to lash a PM onto a commuter, ride to work via wicklow and lock my bike outside which taking my PM into the office. Would not look well at the minute with SRMs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Polar is around $500 more expensive isn't it? The one thing I like about the pedal system is that any muppet can change a set of pedals! :cool: Swapping cranks can be a bit of an issue and I'm assuming you can overtighten the cranks and then have issues trying to get them off.

Pity it's not out until next year as I would have considered it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Polar is 2k euro...............

Both Polar and Metrivector are untested and I'd never consider getting a PM just after released, its not even been proven that they work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Good point. I guess the wattage forum will call it as it sees it and after a few months the truth about how good or bad they are will be out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yeah i would be keeping my money in my pocket until i seen how it is rated. Knowing Garmin they may not get it right first time around.

Advertisement