Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books Unlimited

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever has any dealings with this bookshop chain in Dublin http://booksunlimited.ie/, my gf bought a number of books back in August all of which still hasnt been dispatched yet and despite this her credit card was charged immediatiely.

Despite numerous calls to all their numbers on their website none of which are ever answered and sometimes say their mailboxes are full, and despite emailing them on countless times to no avail.

I am wondering if anyone knows if they are still in business as she cannot afford to pay for these books again and wondering what steps to take next..

thanks in advance..
    steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Their store in the Blanchardstown Centre is gone now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

January wrote: »
    Their store in the Blanchardstown Centre is gone now...

Thanks mate thats what I was afraid of..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try the Consumer Issues forum. They may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I could be wrong about this, but I always thought that Books Unlimited and Books Upstairs (on College Green in town) were owned by the same person. If you can't find any answers at all, maybe try that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I could be wrong about this, but I always thought that Books Unlimited and Books Upstairs (on College Green in town) were owned by the same person. If you can't find any answers at all, maybe try that route.
    Books Upstairs are definitely behind one of the discount chains, but I thought it was the "blue" ones, they have branches on liffey st and westmoreland st.

Nevore wrote: »
    Books Upstairs are definitely behind one of the discount chains, but I thought it was the "blue" ones, they have branches on liffey st and westmoreland st.

Yeah, the handwriting on their signs is quite distinct. I thought though that they branched out from a shop on the northside, but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

steveon wrote: »
    her credit card was charged immediatiely.

If your gf is not happy that she will receive the goods then she should contact her credit card company and have the transaction cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is a Books Unlimited in Northside Shopping Centre still open I think. You should go into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is/was one in donaghmede as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

We are actually from Limerick ourselves so thats why I was curious if any1 would know if they were in existance as I would drive up there and make them sorry for their mishap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

there is/was one in donaghmede as well

The shop in Donaghmede SC has reopened, but no obvious name. Don't think it's the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conmags

I purchased books online from Books Unlimited 10 days ago and still no books. I was wondering if you ever received your books or money back? And if so, how? Apparently all the shops have closed but maybe they have continued as an online concern.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 t wex

steveon wrote: »
    Has anyone ever has any dealings with this bookshop chain in Dublin http://booksunlimited.ie/, my gf bought a number of books back in August all of which still hasnt been dispatched yet and despite this her credit card was charged immediatiely.

Despite numerous calls to all their numbers on their website none of which are ever answered and sometimes say their mailboxes are full, and despite emailing them on countless times to no avail.

I am wondering if anyone knows if they are still in business as she cannot afford to pay for these books again and wondering what steps to take next..

thanks in advance..
    steve

Hi Steve. I bought my book with a visa debit card and after 21 days was able to dispute the payment.

Just as I had posted the form the book arrived the following day. Probably because I hounded them. All listed numbers still don't work and they still don't answer emails.

I tried to put up warnings in any forum that recommended them in the past but they got deleted on this site by the moderator.

If other people are tempted to use them try ring them first. When you find them uncontactable you'll know this is for real and know not to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

conmags wrote: »
    I purchased books online from Books Unlimited 10 days ago and still no books. I was wondering if you ever received your books or money back? And if so, how? Apparently all the shops have closed but maybe they have continued as an online concern.

Thanks

Please start a thread in consumer issues and don't drag up old threads. As you're new here, check out Newbies & FAQ to help you get to know how the site works
    t wex wrote: »
    Hi Steve. I bought my book with a visa debit card and after 21 days was able to dispute the payment.

Just as I had posted the form the book arrived the following day. Probably because I hounded them. All listed numbers still don't work and they still don't answer emails.

I tried to put up warnings in any forum that recommended them in the past but they got deleted on this site by the moderator.

If other people are tempted to use them try ring them first. When you find them uncontactable you'll know this is for real and know not to buy.

Your post was deleted because you were cross posting it across multiple forums, thats frowned upon on Boards.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement