Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 Golf GTI DSG

• 15-09-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Going to see a low mileage (30k miles) one next week. Any tips as to what to look out for and what it would be like to live with day to day ?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

im also interested in this info any1 got any opinions on the 06 -07 golf gti .
    What should i look out for on the viewing/test drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Ron Scott wrote: »
    Going to see a low mileage (30k miles) one next week. Any tips as to what to look out for and what it would be like to live with day to day ?

Thanks folks.

Get the mileage verified anyway.DSG service history is not an issue if genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

30k miles on a 06 sounds fishy to me? I moved on my 06 dsg gti earlier this year and it had nearer 50k and I wasnt putting big mileage on it? Do a cartel or similar check and cross reference with service book, NCT etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Homer wrote: »
    30k miles on a 06 sounds fishy to me? I moved on my 06 dsg gti earlier this year and it had nearer 50k and I wasnt putting big mileage on it? Do a cartel or similar check and cross reference with service book, NCT etc.

Just double check the mileage and check the usual places to try confirm the miles are correct. MyGF's 2007 318d only has 30k on it too, so its possible.

DSG box is excellent and even better than the SMG box on the BMW M3's.
    I think they need to be serviced too, on this cra, not by mileage but maybe on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

DSG should be serviced on time and it should pull pretty well with a noticeable extra kick as the revs go up. Lots of the early GTIs blew the Diverter Valve and people often didn't even realise even though it would be down a lot of horses. The PCV is also a weak point on the engine but the effects are not as dramatic.

Also I wouldn't buy one without changing the fuel pump cam follower after I get it. Timing belt and water pump should be done at 4 years so it should be done on the one you are looking at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement