Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery operated / wireless alarm

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

i want to get a battery operated alarm system for my garage. something with a motion sensor and loud bell. i've looked in woodies and b&q but no joy. anyone know where i might get one ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not going to be much good. What are you protecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

i want to get a battery operated alarm system for my garage. something with a motion sensor and loud bell. i've looked in woodies and b&q but no joy. anyone know where i might get one ?

A battery operated system will also need mains power to operate the control panel. If you look at the supplies list here you can ring and get prices for wire free systems on the market. I would stay away from the likes of systems you get in b&q and co. Not worth the money and they dont have any standards to conform too when making this system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I get the impression the OP is looking for some sort of standalone battery only unit.
    If its a normal wireless unit then as Altor says mains would still be required.
    Visonic Powermax might suit. What budget do you have in mind?

Advertisement