Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon return advice

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Bought this tooth brush from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0029Z9XP2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

it was working grand for a couple of months, don't have a bathroom plug in the house so was using a cheap converter thing. Then the toothbrush stopped charging, I thought I should just get rid of the cheap adapter and re wire to a normal plug.

It still doesn't charge. Have a voided the warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately, you've changed the product. Thinking from their side, how can they know if the fault existed before the plug was changed or not.

However, I recommend that you contact Amazon as soon as possible, outlining the situation. They have good customer service, and unless you try, you'll won't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

dudara wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you've changed the product. Thinking from their side, how can they know if the fault existed before the plug was changed or not.

However, I recommend that you contact Amazon as soon as possible, outlining the situation. They have good customer service, and unless you try, you'll won't know.

Yeah just thought i'd post here to see if people had advice on how to go about it, or previous experience so I'd know what to expect!

I emailed them just after I posted this.... I didn't mention that I had re wired it in the email, as I was skeptical if I could even return after 30days... as I had a feeling I might have to return to Braun after that elapsed.

Anyway about 2 hours later I got a response saying that they'd sent me out a new one free of charge! I was delighted with this customer service, very trusting of the customer. I wonder do they evaluate based on your custom, as I had ordered a 32" tv and a freesat box and I suppose around £700 total this year from them.

I never expected such a quick and positive resolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

By far amazon have the best customer service out of any online store and perhaps even better then any bricks and mortar store!

I have had problems of items missing in the post and always got a refund or replacement product.

it's the main reason I shop with them. I wish more stores were like this!

Advertisement