Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New laptop advice

• 15-09-2011 8:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭

Looking into getting a laptop

Buget is at most 500 euro , looking for something that can handle minor video editing, will run smoothley,can hadle a good few films memory wise will last me a few years, and thats all around reliable . I know a bit on the computer side of things but not alot, so was wondering any suggestions ?
    Thanks in advance !:o

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If possible an i5 based laptop would be of a little more benefit than a i3 for video editing, tough enough to fit into the budget mind.

With that in mind I think that the G570 below would be worth the extra 30 euros (about inc 530 delivery). There is a cheaper i5 Acer 5750 there but it has only 3GB Ram which is a bit tight for video editing I think. Other than that to come under budget you would probably need to get an i3 laptop (Not a massive step down, but a bit all the same)

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1072020.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Thanks for the reply, will look into that lenovo one :)

Advertisement