Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaking Course

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Anyone know of a basic dressmaking course thats running around Mullingar or surrounding areas??
    I'd love to learn a few basic skills of dressmaking but I'm struggling to find a course.
    Any help/info would be appreciated.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lizheen

I'd be up for this too, if anyone is interested in running classes... Am in Mullingar, but would travel fifteen-twenty miles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Lizheen wrote: »
    I'd be up for this too, if anyone is interested in running classes... Am in Mullingar, but would travel fifteen-twenty miles....

Hi there.
    I'm currently doing an evening class in the Community College...and I suggested to the guy thats over the evening classes there that maybe he'd consider putting on a dressmaking course in the New Year.
    He said he'd look into it!
    Do you have a sewing machine yourself Lizheen??
    This was 1 of the issues he raised..about not having enough machines etc to go round. I reckon anyone wanting to do this kind of course would more than likely have their own machine though.
    Perhaps you'd phone the College and express your interest. The more interest thats shown the greater the chance this course may become available!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lizheen

Yes I have. So does my sister, who would, I'd bet, be up for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Lizheen wrote: »
    Yes I have. So does my sister, who would, I'd bet, be up for it too.

So thats 3 of us interested in Dressmaking!
    Contact yer man..Pat I think??..in the Community College to express your interest and maybe theres a chance of him arranging a class!
    Cheers!

Advertisement