Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hendorsen husky 100 sliding track

• 15-09-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Putting two sliding doors between sitting room and kitchen these two doors will recess into the wall cavitys to save room. Have bought 2 of the hendorsen kits has anybody any experience using these kits. Going to knock external leaf of 4inch wall and rebuild wall with a partition. Just wondering what is the correct dimension to leave for the opening it dosent give any real info with the kit. My reckoning on it wud be when the jobs finished the doors closed should still be in 25 to 50mm in cavity(Recess) wud this be right. So then say for two 32inch doors the opening from block to block would be 2 doors 800+800 and the width of door frames say 35+35 = 1670 minus the 25mm the two doors would be in either side so 1670-50=1620 opening. Any replies welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

hi Go and goodle this site full instructions here.
    henderson.fr/pdf/Husky_Fitting_Instructions.pdf -

North West

Is your room to narrow to make up stud wall inside, instead of removing block wall ?. Iv'e done in a house and it worked out fine. I put a heavy cornice at top of wall so that if anything goes wrong with track in future, all you hane to do is take down the cornice.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Thanks for reply northwest instructions not very clear on it though same instructons came with track. Aynone else any experience with these how wide should the cavity be should i put a bit of veneered sheet of mdf each side of door where it recesses into caviy back 300mm or so in. So cavity would then be 44mm Door, 18mdf each side, and wiggle room of 8mm so that would leave cavity 88mm 90mm say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

toshy321 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply northwest instructions not very clear on it though same instructons came with track. Aynone else any experience with these how wide should the cavity be should i put a bit of veneered sheet of mdf each side of door where it recesses into caviy back 300mm or so in. So cavity would then be 44mm Door, 18mdf each side, and wiggle room of 8mm so that would leave cavity 88mm 90mm say

Pics say more than words.:)

cheers paddy photos very helpful is this your own house job looks fantastic. Judging by the photos you didnt bother with vennered mdf to cover block work would you have any idea off hand what size you kept cavity i suppose 44mm for and then wiggle room

cheers paddy photos very helpful is this your own house job looks fantastic. Judging by the photos you didnt bother with vennered mdf to cover block work would you have any idea off hand what size you kept cavity i suppose 44mm for and then wiggle room

Tis my house allright,well last time I looked,it was.:D

The cavity is the same thickness of the door,just barely bigger and enough room for the door to slide open and closed,without catching off anything.

I didnt do this myself,I just took some pics.I seem to have a thing for photographing everything in the house.Me missus thinks Im nutts.

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking the time to post up the pictures really does look well. I suppose with there just being enough room you can't see any blockwork or stud partition.

Thanks for taking the time to post up the pictures really does look well. I suppose with there just being enough room you can't see any blockwork or stud partition.

Unless you are a small bug that can get into that very very small gap,then no,you cant see any blockwork or studwork.:)

Advertisement