Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv License

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    iv been charged for my tv license even tho im not in the house for over a year,i rang them when i moved out saying that i was moving and that i wanted the standing order cancelled and they tried to harrass me about where id be moving next i never told them just said the landlady is paying as its her tv. anyways they charged me for it there last week.anyone have any experience on how to get refunded or if its possible.
    Thans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they will insist that you must have a tv as everyone has a tv! tell them you are part of another household which has already paid their license and if that fails start a small claims case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To cancel a standing order, you need to contact your bank.

Find proof of the existing TV license for where you're currently living, proof that you live at that address, the contact the TV license department and look for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

foggy_lad wrote: »
    they will insist that you must have a tv as everyone has a tv!

I don't. Dumped mine years ago, sent them an email and told them, and no more bills arrived.

Advertisement