Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo 3ds - wheres best value?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

my twins both want nintendo 3ds from santa so im trying to plan ahead - anyone know wheres the value at the moment as the guy i spoke to in hmv reckons theyll be sold out for christmas???? im not really into them so have no idea at all..... help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

They have dropped in price recently. You should compare prices in Smyths, Xtravision, Argos, Curry's etc. There are special offers at the moment.
    I'd bargain with the Salesperson on price if I was buying two together. A double sale must be worth a discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

Most places are doing them for €160 but in game if you trade in a dslite you can get one for €99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Nintendo 3DS €179.99 argos
    Nintendo 3DS €169.99 hmv
    Nintendo 3DS €164.99 Gamestop
    Nintendo 3DS €159.99 Game
    Nintendo 3DS €159.99 smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neety

Littlewoods have em for €139.20 at the moment when you enter 276R8 at checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

neety wrote: »
    Littlewoods have em for €139.20 at the moment when you enter 276R8 at checkout

I see they are selling the

DSI at €169
    DSI XL at €204
    3DS at €174

the coupon 276R8 gives you 20% off these prices & shipping is free.

My children opted for the DSI XL over the 3DS due to the 3DS hurting their eyes after playing it for half an hour. They got "itchy eyes" they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Harvey Norman €139.99

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Kajor wrote: »
    I see they are selling the

DSI at €169
    DSI XL at €204
    3DS at €174

the coupon 276R8 gives you 20% off these prices & shipping is free.

My children opted for the DSI XL over the 3DS due to the 3DS hurting their eyes after playing it for half an hour. They got "itchy eyes" they said.

Hi,

looking to get my child their first electronic games console and they are looking for the ds, but as the child is just 7, I'm wondering if we should avoid the 3DS?

W

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Hi,

looking to get my child their first electronic games console and they are looking for the ds, but as the child is just 7, I'm wondering if we should avoid the 3DS?

W

I can only go on my children's opinion. They liked the 3DS, but found it started to irritate their eyes after a while. They've been using handheld consoles since they were 8, one has a DSi XL and the other uses my DS. The DSi XL is a huge visual improvement on the DS as well as having more functionality, it can even be connected to your home internet wireless system. I've decided to get the younger child their own DSi XL now, based on their feedback.

A2LUE42 wrote:
    Harvey Norman €139.99

This is only for the DS, not the 3DS!

the DSi XL in Harvey Norman is €179

Nintendo 3DS €174.99 argos
    Nintendo 3DS €169.99 hmv
    Nintendo 3DS €164.99 Gamestop
    Nintendo 3DS €159.99 Game
    Nintendo 3DS €159.99 smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue - 139 EUR in Currys

We bought one for Christmas already...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Price down to £119.99 on Amazon -- works out in the region of 140 eur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Gamestop are doing a new deal (think it just came out last week) - it's 239.00 for the 3DS with 2 of the mario games (they are 44.99 to buy separately), the pack that contains the case etc, (19.99 to buy seperately) and a Supermario 'doll' stand thing that holds the DS...my son wants a 3DS from Santa too...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

I bought last week in Harvey Norman for €138:D

a chance to win 3DS for XMAS, just buy a least 2 3DS games from selected games and register them at http://www.nintendo.co.uk/ before 31/01/2012, for further info check out link http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/games_registration_reward/index.php?locale=en_GB and this competition is open to all europe, the selected games are mario kart 7, super mario 3d land, Resident Evil Revelations, Super Pokémon Rumble and Tetris 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

Any good deals out there for a dsi 3ds or xl,we had a disaster on xmas eve resulting in my 5 year old ds getting broke,I need to get her a new 1 in the next couple days,anyone know a good deal??

Advertisement