Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheres me food gone!?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

does anyone have any idea why 911, elements, starbucks and the obriens have all dissapeared in UCD?

i hate having to trek to centra for a roll now, and its quite strange considering the great business they were getting. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 redvelvet

i thought starbucks is still in the quinn building

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

There's a Starbucks in Conway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Kylemore have taken over most food outlets on campus.

There is a massive thread on this btw:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056344968

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

redvelvet wrote: »
    i thought starbucks is still in the quinn building

StarBucks only arrived this year. It was Insomnia before that.

Frankly its ludicrous that the only two places on campus you can get a sandwich at the moment is The Grind or Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ironclaw wrote: »
    StarBucks only arrived this year. It was Insomnia before that.

Frankly its ludicrous that the only two places on campus you can get a sandwich at the moment is The Grind or Centra.

You can get pre-made in the SU shop under the library and Starbucks, though Starbucks' sandwiches are very expensive and they don't seem to have any deals like Insomnia did or like the Arts Cafe had for soup and a sandwich. Centra is great despite the queue at peak times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Elements was/is run by Kylemore too. Apparently they were told to close during this leg of the Science Centre refit/refurb. The manager reckoned they would be closed for c.18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You can get pre-made in the SU shop under the library and Starbucks, though Starbucks' sandwiches are very expensive and they don't seem to have any deals like Insomnia did or like the Arts Cafe had for soup and a sandwich. Centra is great despite the queue at peak times.

Very true, but on a size vs costs basis, its makes more sense I feel to get a freshly made sandwich I feel. Was never big on pre made stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BarneyTrouble

The copper kettle rolls are tthe best pre-packed rolls I ever remember having and all the SU places do a drink a roll and a bag of crisps for €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

They sell tea/coffee, cakes, biscuits, sandwiches on the ground floor of the physics building now.

... oops, that was supposed to be a secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They sell tea/coffee, cakes, biscuits, sandwiches on the ground floor of the physics building now.

... oops, that was supposed to be a secret.
    Not really a secret. They'll be doing likewise in other parts of the Science Building too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

them places were a rip off anyway. just bring in a flask of tae and a luncheon sambo you be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Anyone know when Pulse cafe near Health Sciences is opening? Saw them getting all the equipment delivered and setting it up the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Conor108 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Pulse cafe near Health Sciences is opening? Saw them getting all the equipment delivered and setting it up the last few days

Students aren't allowed in there, it's for the sole use of Pulse Security, hence the name.

Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

don't like the name of pulse cafe. besides the food is probably going to be the same as in cafe fresca.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

3 quid for hot chicken roll and a bottle of water in SU bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Yeah but even at the peak times the queue is pretty fast. The staff making the sandwiches are pretty quick.

Advertisement