Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Restaurants

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any restaurants in the salthill area for a date this sunday? Were both students so nothing too pricey. Say in the 20 euro range for a meal. I know Salthill well, but Ive never eaten there before. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Gourmet Tart Company, 25euro for four course meal... Very good simple food too. Hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

citycentre wrote: »
    Gourmet Tart Company, 25euro for four course meal... Very good simple food too. Hard to beat.

thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what time they close at at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Da Robertas. It has to be. Fabulous Italian food-pizza, pasta and fantastic chicken dishes. Nice setting and quite nice wine. Do give it a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm a KRCMA guy (good solid food) but Da Robertas is prob better for a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

thanks, ill have a gander at da robertas website now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Gourmet tart elcellent food but maybe not very romantic,da robertos a little more romantic but not as good food,try Rouge in town 15euro for 2 courses romantic and excellent food

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Lohans and the Galleon are decent too

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Gourmet tart elcellent food but maybe not very romantic,da robertos a little more romantic but not as good food,try Rouge in town 15euro for 2 courses romantic and excellent food

Agreed, Da Robertas, especially the Osteria branch (which is a bit more formal than the pizza restaurant), has a bit of a romantic feel and very decent food but I quite like the buzz and energy of Gourmet Tart! It's a great place to kick off a night out on a good positive note!

I've heard great things about Rouge as well though, it might be worth the walk into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Anyone been to the new tapas style bar beside/very near the gourmet tart? Think it's called the Black Cat or something similar?

Menu looked interesting, stuck my head in for a look at the place the day of the Ironman but wasn't hungry at the time.

V curious as to what it's like though!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Supermacs!

I took a girl on a date around Salthill three years ago and I ended up getting us a hot chocolate muffin and ice cream in Supermacs!

We're now engaged!:)

Don't knock it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Good luck with the date btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

buzz55 wrote: »
    Anyone been to the new tapas style bar beside/very near the gourmet tart? Think it's called the Black Cat or something similar?

Menu looked interesting, stuck my head in for a look at the place the day of the Ironman but wasn't hungry at the time.

V curious as to what it's like though!

Not been but they were looking for waiting staff in paper yesterday so they must be doin ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

one review up on trip advisor for black cat. they do a mean breakfast apparently
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186609-d2264977-Reviews-Black_Cat-Galway_County_Galway.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »
    I'm a KRCMA guy (good solid food) but Da Robertas is prob better for a date.

Interesting! I remember when they opened I was excited to check it out. But as I wasn't familiar with the food and the prices weren't low enough to expieriment I never came back... that and the deathmetal they sometimes play. Anyhow, what's so good there?

BTW, Da Roberta's all the way.. been going there for ages. Always a treat and good value too.

Advertisement