Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Package For HTC HD2?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Just bought one of these on Ebay. My first smartphone! Yay!

Any suggestions for what I need to set it up - what the best value data package/sim package is to go for?

Complete novice here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3 Classic Flex max for €30pm sim only, 30 day contract would be hard to come near, Most amount of data for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueArsedFly

Cheers for the reply.

Can't imagine myself using much data, tbh. Will probably download movies, tv shows, etc. on my home broadband connection & save them to mini SD which'll likely form the bulk of my use.

Anything cheaper out there that'll cover basic use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Get the Three package, use your phone as a hotspot (presuming the HD2 can do this) and ditch your home broadband!

What does 'use your phone as a hotspot' mean? Presume it means just use it to access free hotspots?

As I said, total novice here!

bump

• Advertisement

Many smart phones - I don't know specifically about the HD2 but wouldn't be surprised if it was the case - allow you to take the 3g signal to the phone and broadcast it as wifi which your computer can connect to the net through, ie no fixed broadband needed.

Oh right! & is the signal for this always available or only from certain hotspots?

Wherever you have data coverage from your service provider (hopefully most places!). Had a quick look and you can do it on the hd2 - guide at link below. If you have decent coverage, a generous data allowance and your network allows this 'tethering', you may be able to drop your home broadband.

www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-hd2/hd2-guides/451690/how_to_set_up_your_htc_hd2_as_a_mobile_wifi_hotspot.html

Yay!

& for my next noob question:

By generous data allowance do you mean paying a monthly fee for a service like the data package mentioned above? Or storage amount for saving files?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If you are happy with 3 then how about

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

E20 every 30 days buys a lot

Olddog

S'up ???? whats that about then

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    If you are happy with 3 then how about

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

E20 every 30 days buys a lot

Olddog

S'up ???? whats that about then

That looks the job. Legend.

Don't know what the bit in bold is about, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

P.S. Posted from a tethered ZTE Blade , Transmitted by 3 ( PAYG ) service :D

Advertisement