Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Equipment Fine

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Stupidly I know, I moved out of an apartment in Limerick (exactly 12 months after setting up a UPC account) and left my UPC equipment there presuming the new tenants would use them. I now live in Dublin and rang looking to get new equipment to which they told me I should use the old equipment. I said I didnt have the equipment to which they said I would be fined €300 (€150 for each unreturned box) if I don't return the equipment so I instantly said I would get the old equipment back. The new tenants told me that a man from UPC came and took the old equipment which I thought could be possible given that I was on a student offer contract that only lasted 12 months so they would automatically get the equipment after the 12 months. Clearly UPC have a messy system that shows I havent returned the equipment even though the new tenants said someone got them, but it seems strange that someone from UPC would collect the equipment without informing me whatsoever. Its probably doubtful that someone has been in this position but I would be grateful for any advice, I clearly can't afford to handing over €300 to UPC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Order on a new account. Change your first name to Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or just ring UPC back and tell them what happened and that the installer will have a record of taking back the old gear and should be able to verify what you've told them, etc. etc.

and if it doesn't work, then eckchay ethay eviouspray ostpay. ;)

sorry, not irish so the only language i know other than english is pig latin. :D

Advertisement