Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setanta stream constant lagging

Options
  • 15-09-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi one of the things that attracted me to Eircom was the free setanta sports you could watch online.

So i settled down to watch the Celtic game tonight and the lagging was terrible ..pitcure kept freezing though the sound stayed the same..
    Eventually had to go trawling the web for another stream which worked perfectly..

Poor show sort it out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Hi one of the things that attracted me to Eircom was the free setanta sports you could watch online.

So i settled down to watch the Celtic game tonight and the lagging was terrible ..pitcure kept freezing though the sound stayed the same..
    Eventually had to go trawling the web for another stream which worked perfectly..

Poor show sort it out!

Hi oranbhoy67
    sorry you were unable to acces the game, I have reported this to online support to investigate.
    Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have found problems with the setanta stream as well, it basically never works on my laptop. I have followed all the troubleshooting tips and my system should be able to view the streams. But it never works for some reason, I only get occasional glimpses of a game (or none at all most of the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I have found problems with the setanta stream as well, it basically never works on my laptop. I have followed all the troubleshooting tips and my system should be able to view the streams. But it never works for some reason, I only get occasional glimpses of a game (or none at all most of the time).

Hi parker kent /oranbhoy67,

Thanks for posting.

If you're having any problems with viewing Setanta sports, using your eircom broadband connection the following may help out :

Just ensure when you're trying to view Setana Sports, that you're not running additional applications and software that may be slowing down your connection. For example, perhaps try, temporarily, disabling your anti-virus or firewall(s) while testing your connection; also other programmes like Skype, are particularly difficult to stop and may be running in the background without your knowledge.

Try a different stream, or even a restart on your computer. Once you have established a connection again and if still getting the same problems viewing Setanta, then follow instructions below :

Setanta sports is available from the Eircom site, the url is http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/

As always, this is supported via mail only.

Should a customer have any issues regarding this content they should visit http://support.eircom.net/emailescalation/ and under ''Problem type:'' drop down menu select ''Trouble Using an Eircom Broadband Service'' and then select ''Setanta''

You will be asked for more information on this support site, including the type of operating system and Internet browser you are currently using.

Best regards,
    Ant

Advertisement